Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2018, 07:44 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1738.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	189838

Hereís our Blackvue mounted to windshield with 3m tape that comes with the camera. Cord runs straight down where the Roaming Gnome holds it while we travel. Power comes from switchable three outlet power center that I hard wired into supply for factory twelve volt outlet. Cord and camera stays clear of shade / visor and lowering shade does not obstruct camera. Power center (and roaming Gnome) are secured with double sided tape. No issues in over 40,000 miles.
Based on this discussion I am considering mounting a second camera to view the left side mirror. I think a suction mount on the forward window of drivers side slide might work. Just have to remember to remove it before deploying slide.

Happy travels

dc3carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I mounted mine up high in the black out shaded area of the windshield. I ran the cord over the top of the shades and into the cabinet over the driver thru a whole Newmar had and into a 110 volt to 12 volt converter. Plenty of 110 volt outlets in the area.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:45 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
Wouldn't installing it under the TV cabinet preclude you from being able to use your front shade as a sun visor?

We mounted ours down low just above the wipers, but in their swath so it is a clean windshield in the rain. I had Newmar install a 12v outlet in the center of the dash for it, they usually have plenty of wire to hardwire into a fuse panel or pick up 12v somewhere else.
Didn't even think of that, thanks! I'll probably mount mine like yours and run the wires around and under the dash to a switched outlet
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
I mounted mine up high in the black out shaded area of the windshield. I ran the cord over the top of the shades and into the cabinet over the driver thru a whole Newmar had and into a 110 volt to 12 volt converter. Plenty of 110 volt outlets in the area.
Another great idea. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
There is zero traffic enforcement between Tampa and Naples.
I don't think you've spent much time south of SR72 on I75 - that has been a hot ticket spot for a long time.
I think I-75 was built in the mid 70s and 80s and the speed trap area has always been south of SR72.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I don't think you've spent much time south of SR72 on I75 - that has been a hot ticket spot for a long time.
I think I-75 was built in the mid 70s and 80s and the speed trap area has always been south of SR72.
Let me just comment one more time about the lack of FHP enforcement, because other than a trooper was unable to respond to the OPs crash it has nothing to do with the original post.

Being a retired Troopers from another state I have always supported FHP and lobbied for them whenever I can. They are extremely hard working for about the lowest pay in the nation. If you think they are out there in force or you think there are enough of them then you either are not listening to the news or you are listening to the wrong news my friend.

https://www.policeone.com/police-rec...ower-shortage/

In the past few years since I have been a Florida resident their numbers have slipped about 20%. This is not safe for them or the citizens of Florida. Accordingly enforcement has slipped about 20% during a time when Florida's population has exploded. If you don't believe me read the above article or do the research yourself.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #49

I really wish it would have been FHP. They sent a county cop that really didn't seem like she wanted to be there.

Prov. 3: 5-6
Old 01-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #50

I wonder if there is an easy way to tap into the side and back camera feed of the MH? If that's somehow accessible it wouldn't be too hard to record the stream. That would go a long way to prove who's at fault.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
Let me just comment one more time about the lack of FHP enforcement, because other than a trooper was unable to respond to the OPs crash it has nothing to do with the original post.

Being a retired Troopers from another state I have always supported FHP and lobbied for them whenever I can. They are extremely hard working for about the lowest pay in the nation. If you think they are out there in force or you think there are enough of them then you either are not listening to the news or you are listening to the wrong news my friend.

https://www.policeone.com/police-rec...ower-shortage/

In the past few years since I have been a Florida resident their numbers have slipped about 20%. This is not safe for them or the citizens of Florida. Accordingly enforcement has slipped about 20% during a time when Florida's population has exploded. If you don't believe me read the above article or do the research yourself.
Oh I would agree that FHP (and all LEO) are under staffed. What I was stating is they usually have a speed trap just south of SR 72 in the median.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
I wonder if there is an easy way to tap into the side and back camera feed of the MH? If that's somehow accessible it wouldn't be too hard to record the stream. That would go a long way to prove who's at fault.
Now THAT is something I would be interested in. Newmar, are you listening?
Old 01-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #53

Is there any presedent in using video camera imiges to prove fault ?

Anyone show them to a LEO and have fault assigned or taken them to court or your insurance co. ?
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Is there any presedent in using video camera imiges to prove fault ?

Anyone show them to a LEO and have fault assigned or taken them to court or your insurance co. ?
In Fl, being a no fault state, video would be helpful to submit to your insurance company to use for reimbursement from the other insurance carrier assuming they have one.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:01 AM   #55

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. I have been checking this out. I was wondering if this would work. http://www.stonkam.com/products/DVRs.html
Old 01-26-2018, 07:23 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
I really wish it would have been FHP. They sent a county cop that really didn't seem like she wanted to be there.
I hear exactly what you are saying. I'm not sure in your crash it would have made a difference in the way it will get written up or not, but certainly in a serious crash with injuries on an interstate highway I would want the State Patrol to do the investigation. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to county or local officer, I was one of them for 12 years prior to becoming a trooper, it is just that they have different priorities and training that troopers.

Tags
dash