Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #1

I will be attending the Tampa show in a couple of weeks and looking foward to it. Been talking to Indep.rv about two or three dutch stars-all o6 models,hopefully we can come to some agreement. Really won't a tag axle if possible. They have a used 06 mtn air 4141 that has a tag axle that really has my interest up. Any comments on the dealer or the 4141 much appricated.

98 Mtn Aire DP
rwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #2

I will be attending the Tampa show in a couple of weeks and looking foward to it. Been talking to Indep.rv about two or three dutch stars-all o6 models,hopefully we can come to some agreement. Really won't a tag axle if possible. They have a used 06 mtn air 4141 that has a tag axle that really has my interest up. Any comments on the dealer or the 4141 much appricated.

98 Mtn Aire DP
Old 01-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #3

Never been to their dealership, but I have heard great things about them from several different sources. They apparently have a different additude than many other dealers, they care and treat the customer well, whether they bought the coach there or not. That's a nice touch and deserves the business.
Though I've never been there, they got my top marks.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Was there years ago some good techs and friendly office still the same on another recent post from someone else.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 AM   #5

Never been there but we have heard the same things lug_nut has.
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:10 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Just bought an 07 Mountain Aire from Independence RV. Sales & service is SUPERB!

I highly recommend them, and especially David Scott in sales. He's the best.

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:53 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
I bought my first HitchHiker fifth wheel trailer from Independence RV in Orlando in 1997 when they carried that brand. The deal was good but I was disappointed in the delivery of the trailer.

During our PDI, there were a couple minor issues that needed taken care of. After we finished the PDI they just 'blew me off', told me to make an appointment with service to get the items notated repaired. I had requested they take care of it before I took it home.

Both items were minor so I took the trailer home and fixed them both myself.

They may be a good dealer who's employees are focused on quality customer service, but they left a bad impression with me 10 years ago.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #8

Well Thanks, that is good news for the most part. Any comments on the 4141 mtn.air? I am not familuar with this one but like the looks of it. It also has a tag axle which would be nice, according to all I read about tags.

98 Mtn Aire DP