Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #1

Independence RV Orlando for Engine Repair

Has anyone used Independence RV in Winter Garden for major engine repair? I am looking for options to replace an exhaust manifold.

I believe they are a fairly popular Newmar dealer but surprisingly very few reviews on rvservicereviews.com. I can't find much about them doing engine repair in the archives. It might just be the case that they're great for regular RV repair but don't do much Cummins/Cat work.

Thanks
ASU777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinFL View Post
Has anyone used Independence RV in Winter Garden for major engine repair? I am looking for options to replace an exhaust manifold.

I believe they are a fairly popular Newmar dealer but surprisingly very few reviews on rvservicereviews.com. I can't find much about them doing engine repair in the archives. It might just be the case that they're great for regular RV repair but don't do much Cummins/Cat work.

Thanks
Have excellent diesel mechanic shop in Melbourne Fl. Works on both gas and diesel. Lots of rvs use them. They replaced all my manifold bolts and gaskets on my V10. Excellent work abd fair price..contact me if you want #
321 999 4555
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I would not use any RV dealer for that type of engine work. I would take it to Cummins and have it done right.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Independence will take it to Orlando North Freightliner more than likely.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:40 AM   #5

I have always believed in taking it to the source. Cummins to Cummins, Spartan to Spartan, Freightliner to Freightliner etc.

Why risk it to someone else and "hope" they can do it. The jack of all trades master of none concept has never really worked for me.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:48 AM   #6

I appreciate the advice. My local Cummins dealer bid the labor at ~2X the hours count of most other Cummins service centers (+ $600 in shop fees) and it's tough to get anyone to talk with you. I may very well end up driving to Cummins Ocala if I don't do the job myself. I don't mind paying the higher hourly rate but I think my dealer crafted their bid to signal that they didn't want to do the job.

My hope with Independence was that they had 1 or 2 experienced engine mechanics because their reputation for customer service is pretty well established. It seems they typically only do light mechanical work.

For this job, I need a mechanic who has removed many broken bolts in their career. I will keep looking for independent mechanics as well as mobile diesel mechanics that can remove broken bolts. The job itself is not that bad except for the current temperature in Florida and need to do most of the job from the bedroom to get the easiest access.
ASU777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #7

Go to chassis manuf

I have used independence for oil changes, etc. but would not think they would even take a rebuild job. I would take it to Cummins or the chassis manufacturer
Bobschle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, engine, repair