Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #29

Freightliner Owners Club
Dan, the wife says it appears to "vibrate" a little....hold the handle of a pot and you feel a bit of it. She's also noted a small amount of magnetic "noise" when the pot is positioned a certain way.....my ears don't hear it unless I almost stick my head in the pan! . I imagine it's just a part of the magnetic induction process and is normal.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I have plenty of BTUs. If 9,000 aint enough, it aint worth cooking.

I do not sous vide yet. It has been called revolutionary.

Enjoy your induction. Cook fast before you run out of time.

Bona appetit
I am use to gas and like it also. Lots of good reviews on the induction though!!
roadtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post
Has anyone had problems with the Induction Cooktop becoming slippery when cooking. I use a portable Waring Pro Induction and if it not pretty close to level the pot/skillet will slowly slide off center???? I don't know if this is caused by some magnetic effect or just a slippery cooktop?

I recently found on eBay a rubber mat sold by True Induction for $9 which I have ordered. I also thought the Paper Towel idea was interesting. I wonder what the "flashpoint" of a paper towel is???
We have the True Induction Non-Slip Rubber cooking pad for our True Induction burner. DW does not use it. It is for my Popcorn maker. Works great without DW worrying about me scratching her stove. It keeps the pot in place while turning the crank. They have a maximum heat limit of 500°F. It is a Silicone stove pad that may be able to be purchased for less than the True Induction model.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post
Has anyone had problems with the Induction Cooktop becoming slippery when cooking. I use a portable Waring Pro Induction and if it not pretty close to level the pot/skillet will slowly slide off center???? I don't know if this is caused by some magnetic effect or just a slippery cooktop?

I recently found on eBay a rubber mat sold by True Induction for $9 which I have ordered. I also thought the Paper Towel idea was interesting. I wonder what the "flashpoint" of a paper towel is???

Remember the book and later a movie called Fahrenheit 454? It was about burning books and was so-called because paper burns at that temp. Of course, the type of paper may vary that number slightly, but it is close. 454 degrees is really hot and I doubt that the heat between the induction cooktop and the pan would get that high. I could be wrong though since I have never used induction. Anyway, that movie always made me remember the temp of burning paper. Just one of those small useless facts that fill my disorganized mind.
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #33

*Fahrenheit 451*
Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #34

American Coach Owners Club
When i am done cooking I can remove my pan and hold my hand on top of the burner area for a short time. It will get hot but not like the electric one I replaced, your not going to touch that one for along time.

The one thing I wish it had like the electric model is a lock button. When I wipe the top off sometimes you will hit the on button. It will not run but a few seconds anyway without a pan on it.

Eric
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBob View Post
*Fahrenheit 451*
Oops! As I said, disorganized mind.
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
We bought a portable induction cook top and haven't used the propane range since. Its quick and efficient.
Agree with Fred. Put the range cover down and so the area is used for the panini press. Ordered all electric coach. It has 1800 watt burners where the cook top is 1500. A cooking we will go, . . . .
Old 06-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
My Atwood High Output has 9,000BTUs main burner, 6500 for the rear burners.

I cook for two, not a whole restaurant. Chefs use from 9,000 to 30,000BTU burners for batches to feed dozens to hundreds.

Cooking should never be in a rush. It is great fun to create new and exciting dishes!

For space, I have 9 linear feet of 30" counters with a 3 ft sideboard. And the deep stainless burner well cleans up with a paper towel.

Speed does not win the cooking race out here. Perfect flavor from proper methods and juuuust the right spices does.
Can you make an exception? What time is dinner?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green D View Post
I also cover the top with paper towels under my pan and it catches any splatters or drips so cleanup is easy.

Eric
Great idea!! I am going to use that one even though nothing burns on to the top.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Chefs use gas.
I like a gas flame!
I have 2 power ceiling vents.
New methods may be quicker, but not better.
Nuff said.
YMMV
Was at a Father's Day brunch on Sunday at a Fairmont Hotel. The chef cooking omlets was working on an induction burner. Used to use those little portable gas burners.

At least I think he was a chef! He had a black jacket and hat and Chef monogrammed on his jacket.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post

At least I think he was a chef! He had a black jacket and hat and Chef monogrammed on his jacket.
Perhaps his name was Chef.

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #41

Induction Cook Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Was at a Father's Day brunch on Sunday at a Fairmont Hotel. The chef cooking omlets was working on an induction burner. Used to use those little portable gas burners.

Omelettes, custom made, fast. On the cutting edge of culinary art.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Omelettes, custom made, fast. On the cutting edge of culinary art.
I know it's not fusion but then the omlet was tasty. After all it was brunch. LOL And our son paid for it. Bonus!