Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2016, 03:02 AM   #1

Info/help my cousin used Dutch Star from North trail

Info/help my cousin is thinking about buying a used dutch star from North trail
He is not to mechanically inclined anymore so he is thinking about getting a aftermarket warrantee
North trail is pushing. A company called Cornerstone has anyone used them ?

Any good or bad feedback would be very helpful ( Its a 05 Dutch Star 40. With 400hp cummins with 45,000 miles )

Also what do you think about North Trail i have had good luck with their parts department but never dealt with sales .
As always thanks for all the input you guys are the best Billy

05 MADP 4301
2014 Ford FX4 Crew
Blue Ox tow bar
Air Force One
Billy & Jeannie & Clyde The Poodle
Vsilvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 04:28 AM   #2

Extended service contracts are a personal choice, some like, some don't. My suggestion for your cousin would be to shop around for an ESP. That way he won't be paying a dealers markup. One place would be www.wholesalewarranties.com One I personally wouldn't recommend is Good Sams extended plan. I and others have had a problem with them. I've not heard any bad reports from Cornerstone, but keep in mind your cousin can get a plan from them on his own. He doesn't need a dealer. As a disclaimer, I have a plan from wholesale warranties called XtraRide and they've been great for us. If he does get a plan he should get a gaskets & seals rider too. Any plan needs to be researched, they're pretty specific in what they will, and will not cover.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:57 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
........also Wholesale Warranties performs a "Pre-Inspection" before they insure the coach...........cost was $350 but what a way to find out the condition of the coach. And I believe the upfront money will be deducted from the cost of the insurance policy.

g
Old 01-20-2016, 06:28 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Wholesale Warranties will deduct the 350 dollars from the cost. Also Coach net has extended warranty I found them to be about the same price as Wholesale
snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:18 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Might want to check on Cornerstone's history. We had them in 2009 and I believe they went out of business. We lost our warranty and $$$.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had cornerstone on two Dutch Stars, a 2004 and my 2014. They have been responsive to all of my needs.
LongRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:02 PM   #7

I purchased a 2014 Bounder used from North Trail back in October. I had a really good experience with the sales people. Steve Rowin was my salesman. I purchased the Cornerstone warranty, but didn't accept the original pricing. After some discussion, they reduced the price several hundred dollars. I would get the pre inspection done. I didn't know about that before I purchased, but my coach is in darn near new condition. The few small things that I found were corrected by North Trail before I would accept delivery.
I was not impressed with the walkthrough I received. There were numerous things that did not get adequately explained, but I was a bit overwhelmed at the time and didn't realize it. This is my first coach, but I've had numerous trailers/5th wheels. I'm still learning about my coach. This forum is full of information, it's a matter of wading through all of the opinions and then making your decision.

Tags
dutch star