Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2018, 01:38 PM   #99

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
For those using Victron BMV-712. I have 8 HB 6-volt AGM batteries. The label says that they are 210AH, so I figure I have 840AH total. The BMV-712 set up instruction ask for battery capacity (preferably use the 20-hour capacity rating (C20)). Would that be 840 or what is the C20 rating and how do you figure it out?

Marc
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2018, 05:55 AM   #100

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaRider View Post
For those using Victron BMV-712. I have 8 HB 6-volt AGM batteries. The label says that they are 210AH, so I figure I have 840AH total. The BMV-712 set up instruction ask for battery capacity (preferably use the 20-hour capacity rating (C20)). Would that be 840 or what is the C20 rating and how do you figure it out?

Marc
Marc,

That is what you want...840 would be the correct number. That is your 12v 20hr rating.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Our coach was built in December 2015...it had Rev 5.xx control and remote software on the Precision Circuits EMS.

I had asked Magnum about swapping out my ME-RC50 to a ME-ARC...and adding ME-BMK and PT-100 charge controller to our system with the Precision Circuits panel. He recommended disconnecting the Precision Circuits panel from the Magnum Network. He said the Precision Circuits was designed for use with the ME-RC50 remote and ME-AGS and would likely be troublesome with the ME-ARC. That along with the giant size of the PT-100 charge controller left me to abandon that idea. We have pets...and the soft start feature for the AGS is a feature I refuse to disable. We arm AGS with the Dometic controller linked...and it works beautifully should the shore power go out. I like the other features of the Precision Circuits EMS as well...I just can't justify disconnecting it from the network.

So...I've decided to go with a Victron charge controller with it's own control panel..,plus it can be programmed/monitored thru a smartphone app using built-in BlueTooth. I have my ME-BMK installed. My Precision Circuits EMS is still playing nice with the BMK in the system. Now, I still would like to change Magnum Remotes.,,to take advantage of the State of Charge Auto Generator Start feature. Have you found that In that configuration...the Precision Circuits panel will still play nicely with the MS2812, ME-ARC, ME-BMK, and ME-AGS-N??

I guess I need to call Precision Circuits to see what they know about it before ordering a new MEe-ARC Remote. Like I say...the features the EMS when networked to the Magnum Network is a big bonus in my mind!!!

Thanks for anything you know regarding that setup...

Charlie,

Are you using Magnum ME-ARC if so do you still have Precision Power Control system networked to the MS2812 inverter? I just called Magnum and they said it doesn’t play well with ME-ARC. I have version 5.1x PCS.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #102

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Charlie,

Are you using Magnum ME-ARC if so do you still have Precision Power Control system networked to the MS2812 inverter? I just called Magnum and they said it doesn’t play well with ME-ARC. I have version 5.1x PCS.
I have monitor v5.15 and control v5.19. I am under the impression they have had two different wiring methods. One had the ME-RC go to the load center, and daisy chain to the inverter. The other, like mine is wired so the remote goes directly to the inverter, and the load center has it's own network cable going to the inverter. I don't know what it is I should be looking for as far as not playing nicely. I haven't had any problems. I did install the ME-ARC...and did leave the Power Control System networked. I don't get into a situation very often where it has to do much...the Tampa SuperShow NKK rally is about the only time I have had 30A shore power. Most other times...I have either had 50A shore, or dry camping...no shore power, and AGS set to regulate temperature when needed. FMCA rally in Perry, GA and Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta were good dry camping experiences.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On my 2019, I have the PCS v5.15 & v5.19 as well.

I installed the ME-ARC & BMK. I have tested the inverter assist, charger cutback, and auto gen start functions. All work as they are designed. When I did the inverter assist, I connected to 30 amp service and ran the a/c with charger. I was pulling 28 amps. I then turned on AC1/2 on the oasis and the charger was reduced. Total amp draw spiked, and then dropped to 26amps. The ems had disabled leg 2 of the oasis, and reduced charger load to 5 amps.

After this in then started the microwave. Total amp draw was 39amps, and the inverter assist was adding amps to the load.

Finally, for gen start, I used the manual controller to start the gen via the magnum arc menu.

There may be a future issue, but so far it is working for me.

I did run the network cable back to the AGS, and added the telephone splitter there.

My inverter is the MS2812
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #104

Newmar Owners Club
If your ME-RC has no communication issues with the BMK installed, the ME-ARC should work fine. Up the PCS is not wired correctly in the network, you would see communication issues with the ME-RC.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:40 PM   #105

Red Baron when you did the test did you have AGS set to Auto. The pass couple of night on 30amp the generator keep starting instead of reducing amps.

So you moved the ME-ARC or the PCS from the inverted to the AGS.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #106

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Red Baron when you did the test did you have AGS set to Auto. The pass couple of night on 30amp the generator keep starting instead of reducing amps.

I also tested auto, and used the temp ext input as the trigger. That worked too. Normal usage, you should have ags set to off. Only set to auto when you need a fail safe or plan on usage.

When fail safe, I use the soc as the trigger. No other triggers set.
Quote:
So you moved the ME-ARC or the PCS from the inverted to the AGS.
I didn't change either of these connections. These are wired to the remote port on the ms2812. I needed to connect to the network, but since there was no room for the phone splitter in the inverter, due to the remote port using a splitter already, I had to run a longer cable from the me-bmk to the me-ags-n. I removed the existing network cable, installed the splitter, and reconnected the network cable going to the ms2812. In the spare port of the splitter, I connected the cable going to the me-bmk.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I also tested auto, and used the temp ext input as the trigger. That worked too. Normal usage, you should have ags set to off. Only set to auto when you need a fail safe or plan on usage.

When fail safe, I use the soc as the trigger. No other triggers set.

I didn't change either of these connections. These are wired to the remote port on the ms2812. I needed to connect to the network, but since there was no room for the phone splitter in the inverter, due to the remote port using a splitter already, I had to run a longer cable from the me-bmk to the me-ags-n. I removed the existing network cable, installed the splitter, and reconnected the network cable going to the ms2812. In the spare port of the splitter, I connected the cable going to the me-bmk.
Red,

You reinstalled all this during your FPU? Any assist from Newmar tech?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:58 AM   #108

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quick note about the networking...

The ME-BMK comes with a splitter. And there isn’t room for it to fit next to another splitter. I used a short dongle and splitter port from Home Depot. When I hooked it all up, my ME-BMK wasn’t showing up.

I figured out that the dongle I had purchased...for a telephone/answering machine...doesn’t worry about the wire orientation. The remote wiring depiction shows how the wires have to be oriented for the Magnum Network. Once I cut one of the ends off...and reinstalled a connector with the wires oriented properly...the thing worked like a charm.

This little device allows you to wire the network in the STAR configuration...if you want, vs going to the ME-AGS-N to hook in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C59E7E4F-56F0-4745-AA59-6484F1B77493.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	221585   Click image for larger version

Name:	3A138915-AD00-47A4-A430-3C6146562E32.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	221586  

Old 10-06-2018, 05:20 AM   #109

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Red,

You reinstalled all this during your FPU? Any assist from Newmar tech?
The days end at 1:30 during FPU, with your coach delivered back to your site by 2:30p. Leaves plenty of time for making changes.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:23 AM   #110

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Quick note about the networking...

The ME-BMK comes with a splitter. And there isn’t room for it to fit next to another splitter. I used a short dongle and splitter port from Home Depot. When I hooked it all up, my ME-BMK wasn’t showing up.

I figured out that the dongle I had purchased...for a telephone/answering machine...doesn’t worry about the wire orientation. The remote wiring depiction shows how the wires have to be oriented for the Magnum Network. Once I cut one of the ends off...and reinstalled a connector with the wires oriented properly...the thing worked like a charm.

This little device allows you to wire the network in the STAR configuration...if you want, vs going to the ME-AGS-N to hook in there.
That is a brilliant idea! As it was, the included cord was not long enough to make the run to the ags.

I also installed a surge protector, the ems-hw50c. This included a cord for the remote that was long enough to reach the ags. I had to replace an end on both cables to correct the pin orientation, as one was a crossover and the other was a straight thru.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:17 AM   #111

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Definitely do not use the splitter brick. I did and it worked for about a year then my AGS would fall offline, etc. etc. For me I needed two of these, one at the inverter, one at the AGS in the way I wired up my BMK, etc. These work great and I also used the cable ties with the screw hole thing to secure the wires.

http://a.co/d/8skoG52

No need for messing with the wiring, just plug it in and it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	splitter.png
Views:	75
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	221604  
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #112
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Definitely do not use the splitter brick. I did and it worked for about a year then my AGS would fall offline, etc. etc. For me I needed two of these, one at the inverter, one at the AGS in the way I wired up my BMK, etc. These work great and I also used the cable ties with the screw hole thing to secure the wires.

http://a.co/d/8skoG52

No need for messing with the wiring, just plug it in and it works.
Well I guess these are coming from a new Chinese supplier. I ordered them & neither worked when I installed the BMK today. If you need a splitter DO NOT order these!

Now the search begins to find dongle splitters that are wired correctly for data applications.

Tags
install