Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2019, 11:57 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Installing Storage Tray

I did several searches and didn't come with the answer I was looking for. I have a 2017 Ventana Le 4037 and I'm installing a 39x90 inch MORryde storage tray in my pass thru storage just in front of the compartment with the peg board which is the third pass thru from the front of the RV.. I believe the floor is plywood and plan using large wood type screws to attach to the floor. Anyone know what under the floor in that area or is just insulation?
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Try calling customer service. When I was installing towel bars I called and they let me know how thick the wood was and how much space before I hit the other side so I could get the right anchors
Old 11-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I installed a 3/4 tray in that same bay. I used 1" wood screws. Under the wood floor is foam insulation. I cheated mine toward the rear of the coach a little, slid it partially out to make sure it cleared the door frame and then screwed it down. By cheating it back a little, there is less chance it can strike a door.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #4

I can't help you with the thickness of the area where you are going to install the slide tray, but I put one in a storage compartment in my Momentum 394M this past spring and I used these....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They likely will give you more "holding power" for bolting the tray down since they are a course grade that screws into the wood. You can get them in various lengths and for various size machine bolts once you find out the thickness of the material you are bolting to.
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, storage