RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2017, 06:17 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Subscribe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2017, 06:45 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
I actually think that the Entegra interior looks even more outdated than Newmar's. It looks more like the living room of my grand grand mother. Why can't we have a more modern look on at least one of this coaches?

Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:59 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ditto on two points:

- we're in Virginia, to date we have had all work done at factory. Factory pick-up and two warranty visits. Appreciate the references to qualified closer technicians in case of emergency. For major items we hope to continue to go to factory.

- dominating factor in Entegra v Newmar debate was the full tile floor in the Newmar. Due to the dogs (plural), the full tile floor was a must. This also pushed us to a new vs used coach as the timing of our purchase coincided with the introduction of the full tile floor. Further, enjoyed the process of customizing the coach, with fabrics, floors, etc. Love that our coach is unique to us.
TandAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
The items mentioned by the OP are entirely personal preference. One should buy what one likes.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Interior: Entegra vs. Newmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
The items mentioned by the OP are entirely personal preference. One should buy what one likes.

Of course. This is just conversation to get impressions and perceptions of the two company’s and their interior design presentation.

Buying a coach is always the purchasers complete and educated decision and not what this topic is about.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #20

Hey Neal I have owned 3 Entegra's. Their policy, You get to build and buy what they offer for that model. No exceptions. So if you like what is in their product line up you get a great coach for a little less money.

This being your first coach you will find over time what your want in a coach, then you can build it.

If you want a coach that is built your way, you will have to take the time to pick everything out, from tile to wall outlets to wallpaper and then you will have what you want. If you don't like the interior after the build you can only blame yourself.

The product lines offering such a build would be newmar, newell, foretravel, prevosts and American coach. May be others in the DP market but these are the ones that come to mind.

This is our first Newmar, my wife and I put a lot of thought and effort into getting it as close to what we wanted. We worked with Newmar designers and Engineering. I found Newmar to be more than accommodating making the changes, documenting the changes, working with us every step of the way. The end result we got what we wanted. Couldn't be happier. We wish we figured this out about 4 years ago would of saved a lot of $ and comfort.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
To the original question, I couldn't disagree more. Entegra's interiors seem very traditional and out-of-date to me. Newmar feels cleaner and more contemporary. It wasn't a contest to us. In addition, Newmar has the More Floor. We like Entegra and the value they offer. But the interior design/materials is old-fartish. All personal opinion of course!

Randy, Donald and Zoe (Rat Terrier)
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 K2/2016 Jeep Cherokee High Country
Desertboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:45 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Design, art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One could debate the topic for days and still have varying views.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #23

We are new to the DP world, having all of our experience in fivers and a short stint with a gas MH. Our recent search for a coach to meet our full timing needs had us almost ready to pull the trigger on a gently used Entegra, even though we liked the layout and interior of the Ventana about the same.

All bets were off once we completed test drives. Ended up with the Ventana. For me the difference in how each handled was extreme.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:00 AM   #24

Just my opinion, but decor, floor plans and colors are highly subjective. Like the old saying "To each, their own".
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #25

SOB driver here. In the interest of full disclosure, I have never owned a Newmar or Entegra. I have, however, over the course of nearly eleven years full time in the same coach, been in, around and heard about both manufacturers. I have gone to the Tampa Super Show many times.

If I were interested in a “new to me”coach, Newmar would be at the top of the list. As all builders, they have had a few missteps over the years and have seemingly “shot themselves in the foot” on occasion. Even so, their track record as well as their product lineup is exemplary.

You guys need to look at the facts and be very proud and secure in the coaches you ride in.

Safe travels,

Steve
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #26

We looked at DSDP, Ventanas and even a Palazzo. All at NIDRV in Atlanta.

We liked the Newmar interiors-seemed a little less fussy than Entegra. JMO.

Would that stop us from purchasing an Entegra? No. We never got to test drive one or see it in daylight though. Walked in and out of everyone they had and they all looked alike. That's the one thing about NIDRV that I don't like-all the new MHs are in the massive building which is not well lit and you can't see the exterior well let alone the interior until you get it outside for a test drive. You can turn on all the lights inside the rig but seeing it outside in the sun would be really helpful.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
I agree with Juergen.

"It looks more like the living room of my great grand mother"

We ordered 2018 Cornerstone with Cashmere interior. Once we saw it in a coach we canceled the Cornerstone and went with the KingAire instead. Much more
Ua747captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
We have friend with an Anthem. It’s 2-3 years old. Their third coach I believe.

Now they are thinking of going full time. So they are thinking Cornerstone. But they took a look at our DS and now are considering LA or Essex. It will likely be one of those three as they like the X605. We’re looking forward to watching how their search plays out.

With three furry passengers, the full tile floor appeals to the wife.

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, interior, newmar