Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2017, 05:29 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Cool Interior: Entegra vs. Newmar

When I watch the RV shows on TV and see Entegra (not having seen one in person yet) it seems that Entegra may have the edge on interior design. Their coaches seem warmer and more appealing on the interiors vs. Newmar. Leather, wood, colors... I love my VTDP as I've said before and love the company and community but I'm just curious who is more appealing when it comes to the interior? What's your opinion on floor plans but more so on the actual look and feel of the inside when comparing the two brands?
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2017, 05:45 AM   #2

Neal, you should try to make the Tampa show in Jan. I believe most of the manufacturers exhibit there.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
Neal, you should try to make the Tampa show in Jan. I believe most of the manufacturers exhibit there.
I thought about going but then realized it would be wise to avoid
Old 11-23-2017, 05:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Interior: Entegra vs. Newmar

Can’t disagree with you on your design observation. I’ve been in all the Entegras (except the new one - Insignia) and I have lots of friends who own one.

We thought seriously about getting an Anthem a few months back when we ended up buying our DS. We even went to Middlebury in 2015 when we also toured the Newmar plant in Nappanee.

Ultimately, we decided the Entegra product actually had a bit too much glitz for our taste. And we felt Newmar had several “edge” factors with Comfort Drive, More Floor (DW really wanted to get the carpet out of the coach), and the rear escape door.

Others will point out that there is little in the way of customization that Entegra will allow, while I’m sure some will say the Entegra units are so close to perfection you don’t need to change anything.

Since both the higher end Entegras and Newmars either come standard on the Spartan Chasis, or are available on a Spartan (DS) and I know how much Neal likes the Spartan over the FL.......

This will be a fun thread to watch!
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:53 AM   #5

Having owned both an Entegra Anthem and now a London Aire I can say some things are about equal, some are not. The quality of leather in both, to me, is equal. The quality of the build of the wood doors is much better in the Newmar. In the Entegra our doors constantly separated and fell apart. The mirrors in the doors were also to heavy for the doors. Our Newmar has a pantry that the Entegra did not but the Entegra had the pullout counter space that the Entegra did not. We traded Entegra for the Newmar mainly do to electrical problems and we've heard from others they had same problem. We even know a dealership who won't carry them any longer due to electrical problems. But all that is just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G920V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
fegans02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:55 AM   #6

Oh and since you too are in VA there is no Entegra dealer and no one to really work on them

Old 11-23-2017, 05:55 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You could visit NIRVC near Atlanta and see both Newmar and Entegra since they sell both.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:56 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
You should post a copy of this in the Entegra forum.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:58 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fegans02 View Post
Oh and since you too are in VA there is no Entegra dealer and no one to really work on them

Off topic, but that doesn't matter, only Newmar touches mine. My dealer is not competent for anything beyond state inspections
Old 11-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You are opening a can of worms with this thread. As a guy that almost bought an Entegra and had 2 factory tours with second tour just to see the Cashmere interior on a new Cornerstone, my opinion is that they are equal in quality (newer coaches). The differences are more from an interior design that varies more in the Entegra from year to year. Newmar interior design seems to change less between model years with the exception of floor patterns. Interior design, color choices, fabric patterns, tiles etc. are all subjective. (Also my point of view was with Cornerstone vs. Essex) What is cool to one person can look like crap to another. Me, I hate oak and would not buy anything oak.

Different model may have different quality features you cannot necessarily see for example on my Essex all my doors are solid and drawers are dovetail construction. When looking at Cornerstone what corners are they cutting to lower cost on the interior of the lower end Entegras, same for Newmar KA ES LA MA, something has to change to justify the lower price points.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #11

Know the feeling. Our Newmar is only touched at a designated high line shop by a Newmar factory trained technician. He only works on Newmar. So we drive the 4.5 hours vs going to the Newmar "sales" dealer in Ashland
Old 11-23-2017, 06:02 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
You are opening a can of worms with this thread.
The forums have been boring going into winter, we need something entertaining.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:04 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Off topic, but that doesn't matter, only Newmar touches mine. My dealer is not competent for anything beyond state inspections
Must be referring to Camping World/Rolling Hills. I have generally been pleased with the work done by RV Service of Virginia in Ashland (for things I cannot do myself). I've been most pleased with work done at the mothership in Junction City, Oregon, but that's only an option when we've been traveling that far West .

Would certainly agree that these complicated beasts are better serviced at the factory if that is a reasonable option.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:10 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Must be referring to Camping World/Rolling Hills.
Off topic, only for those in VA to read if you care about the dealer/service:

Yes. I have little experience with their technicians, I'm sure they are great. My salesman (Bob C) was great, thankful for his time with me before he retired but when he left no one followed up. I was coming up on FPU and had to go to them "what do I need to do before I go, i.e. pay???"

Getting through to the service desk is another story and some of the service staff shouldn't have a job if service cared about service. My Honda dealer is a million times better. I call service, it goes to voicemail, "leave a number, we'll call you back" which then goes to a second message "don't leave a number, we won't call you back" - yes, seriously! They never answer their phones so I can't schedule an appointment. One guy is good (Jim), the others I have not had a good experience with. I went there the day I brought my VTDP home for the state inspection and a few things to check. They forgot about me in the waiting room, there 5 hours, staff went to lunch and didn't tell me I was done. Mind you I got in with my new coach 1:30 AM that morning so I was tired. When I left they said email us a picture of one thing and they'll schedule an appointment to fix it. I emailed and never heard back. The gal emailed me for something else, I inquired about the appointment, never heard back. I ended up repairing it myself. They do not care. I will never have anything to do with them unless they are my last resort and I will not give them my future business.

Tags
entegra, interior, newmar