Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten-Red View Post
I'll only believe this when there's some proof of it. It's hard to believe the CEO of Camping World would be dumb enough to make a remark like that.
He's that dumb:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/marc...-business.html
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten-Red View Post
I'll only believe this when there's some proof of it. It's hard to believe the CEO of Camping World would be dumb enough to make a remark like that.
There are links all over the internet about this comment. here is one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/marc...-business.html
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
.....and here is his apology, this is the guy who is the CEO of CW where people are suppose to go to get your camping supplies and RVs fixed. Trying to back peddle now, but you know what he really believes.

I do not know why businesses have to get involved in politics. Not too smart. I will go else where. Especially what the OP went through.

Thank you OP for bringing this up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/25/camp...e-remarks.html
Old 03-03-2018, 08:20 PM   #18

I dislike boycotts and agree that businesses shouldn't be involved with political issues. If a person disagrees with my politics, I have no problem with that, and I'm happy to have a discussion about our differing viewpoints. I try to keep an open mind. And I'll happily do business with them.

But when a CEO tells people who disagree with him not to shop in his stores, that is going a bit too far. I have to take him at his word and do as he says.
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I don't need any excuse not to shop at CW. I've had bad experiences with them.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
As for Invisibrake, I have it in two vehicles. Installed and in use for four years. The red light in the MH should be installed. RoadMaster installed mine. The used the dark blue wiring in the harness (trailer brake control wire) to get the signal to the dash for the red light installation. I have never had one moment of trouble.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #21

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I don't need any excuse not to shop at CW. I've had bad experiences with them.
Yup...Me too...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:11 AM   #22

OP, I would post your experience over on the forum run by CW in the subforum "Camping World Service and Installation". Sticking to the facts, no ranting. CW monitors those forums and you have a good chance they'll offer to contact you and help.

Or go to their corporate website and look for ways to contact corporate customer support.

Another option is small claims court. Sounds like an easy win, they would probably settle with you as soon as they're served.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #23

Folks all I wrote is true. The second shop I went to installed the light. No help, $500. gone. Third shop, camping world in Marion NC. Adjusted cable, no help, $175 gone. Fourth shop, National Indoor RV Center. $995 gone. Light worked one day. Fifth shop, CW Albuquerque NM. Another 175. gone. That is when I finally extracted my cranium from my rectum and called Roadmaster. A few pictures and Mr. Dudik saw the 270 degree bend. I took a wrench to it myself and rerouted the cable in 30 minutes. Hooked up car and light works. have not towed yet. the contractor that installed the unit said to me "i'm a detail man". Thanks CW. the Icing on the cake came at
cw in ABQ. I arrived and was told "we don't work on Newmars because we don't sell them". Yikes, I finally crated a scene, called Newmar and they saved the day. However, another $175 gone. Ashland also delived the coach to me with four cooked batteries. Jim Schrier, service consultant Ashland, the gent who sent me to the ABQ CW, and I agreed on a $975 payment to me in early Dec. Never have seen it. Have made about 10 calls to Ashland, 20 emails, provided all documentation of all costs. No luck. Have called GM of CW in Ashland three times. He will not return my calls. Have spoken to CW head quarters. Said they would call me back. That was three weeks ago, never heard back. Small claims court???? I think I'll go for more. I've been told several times by Brittni May, Ashland service manger, my check will be fedexed. Blatant lie. $3425 invested and four months I finally, hopefully, have an operating Invisibrake. Mr. Dudik at Roadmaster said the instructions clearly state no 270 degree turns in cable. Ashland installer ignored the instuctions, risked me, my rig and anyone around me.
I have flown heavy jets all my life. I know mechanical systems. Maybe I expect too much??
Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
It was in 2000 that I had CW install leveling jacks on my 2000 Bounder, long story short, the idiot installer hooked the right rear and left front and the left rear and right front jacks together instead of front and rear a potentially frame bending blunder. That was it for me
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #25

Tried to register on CW forum. did not get confirmation e-mail. Good grief!!
Old 03-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
That particular CW is a fairly recent acquisition. The dealership had a bad rep before it became CW, and I imagine CW has done little to correct it.

Skywagon, I highly recommend RV Service of VA. They are right there in Ashland have done very well by me and many others. They know what they are doing and are decent, credible people. RV Service of Virginia - We Keep the Good Times Rolling!
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4067793]Thanks for that info Wayne [B][URL="https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Braking-Systems/Roadmaster/RM-8700.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5b7Y6sfR2QIVW rjACh27qA3iEAYYASABEgIX7_D_BwE
bigger installation[/URL][/B] than what I have seen.
Would think the company that makes it would have qualified dealers for installation, for something related to brakes.

You would think this to be true but often not. I had a dealer that was on the SMI (now Demco) list and they flat out installed the G-force controller on my Stay-in-Play Duo wrong. I fixed it first time out when the it locked up the toad brakes.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesmone View Post
As for Invisibrake, I have it in two vehicles. Installed and in use for four years. The red light in the MH should be installed. RoadMaster installed mine. The used the dark blue wiring in the harness (trailer brake control wire) to get the signal to the dash for the red light installation. I have never had one moment of trouble.
This is not a knock on Roadmaster. I have their tow bar too. Good products. Also, I had Direct TV, two solar panels installed in Ashland. No problems but think it was a different installer. Conversely, I wonder if my solar panels are wired properly?????

Tags
brake