Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is obstructed view from DS driver mirror fixable?

Searching for our next upgrade and looked at a used 2015 DSDP 4369 today and noticed that the mirror view on the drivers side was obstructed by the frame of the electric window. Getting the seat in the best position for me seemed to block the center third of the mirror. It was very uncomfortable trying to move my body back and forth to get a proper view. It this a common problem with the DS or is the mirror arm able to be adjusted to correct this. The salesman at this dealership said no problem (unconvincingly) but he also has no Newmar experience since this was a trade in and it is not a brand they carry or service there. I am hoping it is and not something you just have to get used to, that's why I am asking here to get this answered from other owners.

Thanks, Dave
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Meaning you can't adjust the mirror ?!?!

I find that hard to believe - on ours (different brand) I can lay the mirror flat if I want to by loosening two allen screws and moving it !
Old 09-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
GKU

You should be able to move that mirror toward the front. On the bottom of the mirror housing you will see a small chrome cap. Remove that cap. Look up that hole and you will see a 1/2" nut, loosen it, the mirror arm will now move forward. After moving it into your comfort position you can fine tine it by loosing the 3 allen screws hold the mirror itself.

Just did mine a few days ago works great
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:40 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dave....
>>...It this a common problem with the DS or is the mirror arm able to be adjusted to correct this..<<

of course it's adjustable! Have you ever seen a rigid vehicle mirror (made after about 1920)? 😆

The arm will pivot on the base, and the mirror body will pivot on the arm.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver