Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #1

Is there a trick to getting service at NIRVC??

I did a general e-mail inquiry twice, and called and left messages twice. Nothing.

I finally called and explained my issue to the person who answers the phone in Atlanta, and got to talk with someone in service. I explained that I would be in Atlanta for Spartan training the last week of November, and wanted to have a water softener system installed while I was there.

The particular brand is from motorcoachwaterfiltration.com, and Jim (the owner) said I could either purchase directly from him, or that maybe NIRVC could bundle a "deal" for the purchase and installation, and it would be best to call them to figure out what was best. Jim assured me that he has worked with NIRVC and they have installed his units before.

I will not mention who I talked with because it is not my intention here to pick on anyone, but he answered one e-mail and now I can't get him to respond to any more. I was fine with their price on labor but he never answered whether I could purchase myself or if they had to do it. I also don't want the techs to book up and miss an opportunity as I am over 8 hours away.

Should I call and ask to speak with someone else? The service manager? I did not purchase my coach there, but it seems as though most people say that NIRVC is really great on the service side.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #2

YES, call and the sooner the better. They stay so busy that they sometimes forget email, just keeping having other things come up.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi,
I have difficulty begging people to take my money. For me, I'd write the company off and go elsewhere or DIY.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi,
I have difficulty begging people to take my money. For me, I'd write the company off and go elsewhere or DIY.
It seems that DIY is about the only way to get things done these days. I guess it's just the current state of the RV business. They all seem to be as busy as a cat on a flat rock.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
NIRVC is a great company, but they have their issues. They are crazy in demand because they do such good work, but it seems you've been caught in their success. I suggest you try again...if you get no results, contact Brett Davis. He has a magic way of making things happen.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #6

I had asked NIRVC for their help (Lewisville, TX) on a repair of a Class C and their service writer verbally rattled off the different cost estimates of the repair without pen, paper, or a calculator. And then said it would be about $1500 at the minimum. I resented his lack of specificity and his casual attitude. Clearly, NIRVC doesn't want to be deal with a 9 year old Class C. They need not worry because they will never get our business.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #7

Similar experience. I was purchasing a used 8 year old Essex that was in Dallas a couple of years ago. I called for 2 weeks trying to get a service appointment. No calls were returned. Always went to voicemail. Finally someone answered my call and said it would be 4 to 5 months before they could get me in.

This year when I bought my new Essex, I didn't even think about doing business with them.
Cummins X15
Miked2145 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service