Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Just curious about the original post on this thread about the '15 models and what new design changes will be coming. Does anyone have info about when '15 production starts and when product info will be available?

Deek
Hi Deek,

The dealers meeting is in Dallas next week, so details should be out shortly. I spoke to the factory last week and was told that the 2015's for the dealer show were built in "stealth mode" and were being kept under cover until they left for the show and employees were not allowed to view them. Only time will tell whether that is typical Newmar secrecy or a sign of some big changes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
Do we know specifically the location of these Dallas meetings? I can have my camera ready and maybe crawl over a fence to get some shots.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Do we know specifically the location of these Dallas meetings? I can have my camera ready and maybe crawl over a fence to get some shots.

Historically it has been at the Gaylord Texan
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #32

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Historically it has been at the Gaylord Texan
I'll be down in that area this weekend, Thu 5/22 to 5/26. I'll be 30 minutes away from the Gaylord Resort.

If anyone knows if they would park some of the RVs outside, I could drive over and take some pictures.

I researched my spy mission to get pictures, but it looks like, at least for last year, they had the coaches inside.

Take a look (their meeting in 2013):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2144511&type=1

There is some good intel information to gather by zooming into some of the pictures and reading some of the display setups, for example

https://www.facebook.com/gonewmar/ph...type=3&theater
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
They need to put it on the low end units for the guys who will really wash their MH. If I could afford a King Aire, I could afford to have some else wash it regularly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
I disagree, I'm on my second King Aire, and do all my own washing.
Not to be stereotypic but I thought the same thing as PushedAround...absolutely no slight intended but think the rule of averages would prevail. That said, I can afford to have a lot of things done but do a lot myself due to my upbringing and natural mechanical inclination. I do though hate changing oil and washing a vehicle of ANY size.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Is this a hint for 2015 Accessories and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
Hi Deek,

The dealers meeting is in Dallas next week, so details should be out shortly. I spoke to the factory last week and was told that the 2015's for the dealer show were built in "stealth mode" and were being kept under cover until they left for the show and employees were not allowed to view them. Only time will tell whether that is typical Newmar secrecy or a sign of some big changes.

Thanks. Inquiring minds just want to know! Interesting about the secrecy. Sounds just like Harley Davidson new model release stuff.

My guess is that there are going to be some special things this new model year with Newmar. Time will tell.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Agreed, Deek. That Entegra mob is pushing everbody forward in a significant way. I see a lot of innovations across the Industry as a whole.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Perhaps we should start a new thread to deal with the pressure washer installation we've been discussing?

After climbing around under the coach today I've figured out what I am going to do with this project. My personal need for this washer is to clean the windshield when I'm on the road or when I arrive in camp for the night, I'm not concerned about washing the entire coach with this unit and I just don't have the real estate to install RO or DI in this coach. As such, I'm going to mount the pump/motor assembly under the framework that supports the HWH hydraulic system. There is plenty of space available in that area and I can utilize support above, and the framework to the passenger side of the generator as well. Here's a shot of that space:

I've found additional space to coil up the high pressure hose and hang it under the "hood" area as well so I'll have my entire system in one place.

I've got a friend who owns a steel/aluminum fabrication business so I'll have my son work with him to help us fabricate an aluminum box to house the pump, this will give me the mounting structure I need and will keep the motor dry. The switch that is supplied with the pump will mount to this aluminum box where it can be easily accessed.

Here's the potential cable and hose run area on the passenger side:

Here's the potential run on the driver's side:

The driver's side is quite congested so I believe I'll end up running everything I need on the passenger side.

I'm going to install a switch panel on this bulkhead inside my front door. I'll put a switch for the 110V to the pressure washer and a switch for my water pump so I can easily access both when I'm ready to use the system:

I went to Lowe's this afternoon and purchased the Greenworks pressure washer for $100. I've removed it from the housing, nice small unit,weighs next to nothing:

I'll update my progress after the aluminum housing is fabricated ... could be a couple of weeks from now but I'm committed to having this installed and fully operational by the time I leave for Canada in mid-June. I'm working on the install of a SeeLevel 714 tank monitoring system before this gets done but I'll run the pump switch line and the low pressure water feed from the water bay while I'm installing the SeeLevel system.

Scott
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #37

Freightliner Owners Club
Looks good, Scott. Wish I had that much room adjacent to my generator. Regarding your electrical switches, why not put them inside the front "hood", next to the washer? It'd be a shame to spoil that beautiful tile with a J-box of some sort. Did you find a good source for electric?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Looks good, Scott. Wish I had that much room adjacent to my generator. Regarding your electrical switches, why not put them inside the front "hood", next to the washer? It'd be a shame to spoil that beautiful tile with a J-box of some sort. Did you find a good source for electric?
I wish I had thought of this pressure washer installation before I had my Active Air installed, that week at the HWH facility with the coach on the ramp would have made it so much easier to run the necessary hose and wire while I could have walked around under the vehicle. Didn't think about this project until my son and I were driving home from that installation.

I believe I'm going to use the 110v junction box in the basement just aft of the entry door. I have a bit more checking to do but it looks like that will be a good option for me.

No worries with the electric switches, I'm always focused on making it look better than it did before I started. I should be able to find a nice anodized aluminum switch plate that should look great, if not, I'll hide them away under the hood. I looked at this as a way to jazz up that entry way with a bit more high tech stuff!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've been reading all these post with great interest as I'm sitting in an RV park looking out my windshield bemoaning the fact that I have to go clean off the bugs before we hit the road this morning. But there's one thing I don't understand. How do you protect the pressure pump from freezing? Is there a way to drain the water out of the pump? I get how to drain the water supply lines. I'm more concerned about the pressure pump?
Old 05-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #40

Freightliner Owners Club
Dan, that's easy. Just come to Florida and get out of that freezing TX weather.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post
I've been reading all these post with great interest as I'm sitting in an RV park looking out my windshield bemoaning the fact that I have to go clean off the bugs before we hit the road this morning. But there's one thing I don't understand. How do you protect the pressure pump from freezing? Is there a way to drain the water out of the pump? I get how to drain the water supply lines. I'm more concerned about the pressure pump?
That's no problem Dan. As long as you have a low point drain for your supply line at the pump (a T with a 1/4 turn valve will do the trick), drain that line and then turn on the high pressure pump for 2 or 3 seconds and that will pump out any remaining water and you shouldn't have any issue with freezing.

Scott
Old 05-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Dan, that's easy. Just come to Florida and get out of that freezing TX weather.
AMEN!!!

Actually we left Texas yesterday and will be in Tallahassee tomorrow.
But the LOVEBUGS are awful. Spent nearly an hour scrubbing those devils off.