RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Is this going to be the norm?

When my coach was new, I had to re-set the tank readings as displayed on the Silverleaf screen. ( fyi....this is a different monitoring setup than is used on the Dutch Star units, etc.) Now, two years later, I have the same inaccurate readouts. It appears to display fluid levels normally, but at the 80% point it jumps to 100%. However, the tank is not nearly full. Looks like I need to get to another dealer to have display readouts adjusted again. Question: Is this something others have had to do periodically?

Note: This occurrnce began soon as I drove off the North Trail lot.
I also noticd a temperature thermistor now shows it's -459 degrees in the bedroom...no matter what the temp really is..... And, oh yeah...the entire coach electrical system was disconnected for a few hours while I installed those new batteries a couple weeks ago.

The only things I had them do was adjust my porch awning and find a reason for and reset the engine "mil" light that had been lit up for the last 1500 miles.

slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
slabman ... I don't have the Silverleaf system so am no help on that.

However I was going to ask you how your overall service experience went at NorthTrail. From drop off to pick-up. Also how was the communication between you and your service adviser?

Mine is in there right now and the jury is still out on how I will ultimately answer these questions.

Steve

FLSteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:29 PM   #3

Maybe you should down grade to something that would be less technical. Like a V. Anything to make life simpler!!!😅😅😅
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Most systems in the Essex are well engineered. Newmars service techs will help you get the gauges reading correctly again. (574) 773-7791

I'm curious, why did you have to install new batteries in the MH? That could be the cause of the reading being off. It's like radios, if you totally power them off you lose the preset stations.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tony, you can research my other posts, but the oem Discover batteries would only give me 1.5 hours of service time when dry camped. All batts load tested good, but after a short period, some/all? experienced a sudden drop off in voltage to well below 12.0 Can't live with that! Newmar evaluated them last summer and pronounced them fine..so much for others doing this kind of testing.

The new Lifelines will easily deliver over 18 hrs. Of service.

Now tell me about Newmar service techs....are you thinking I'd actually get someone on the phone who could adjust/recalibrate? I can't see that as an option at all....but sure wish it could be. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Slabman,
Have you tried a Silverleaf "dry tank" calibration? Select "Features"; "Tank Calibration" and then select the specific tank. When the tank is empty select "calibrate".
Old 04-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup! Sure did. It at least allowed me to get to the current situation, but this jumping from 80 to 100% instantly was what it did when I first took delivery. Seems like this may be some kind of default setting.