Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2015, 11:09 AM   #29

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Its spring, they are busy trying to collect all the money they can
It's always RV spring in Florida..... Some months just warmer than others.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 11:11 AM   #30

all those items listed should be able to be taken care of in a few days! I would give them another week then move it to another Newmar dealer.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:14 PM   #31

Wow ! We have the same coach - took delivery late Nov. 2013. We have had a few issues along the way which were repaired by Newmar under warranty - no questions asked. On 2 occasions, they authorized mobile repair shops to do the work as local dealers couldn't find the time. We also had a problem with the dash air - ran off and on and eventually quit completely. Turned out to be a Freightliner issue - relay in electrical cabinet under driver had rusted somehow. Newmar had F/L tech come to factory and repair. Had a problem with the door alignment ( wind whistle ), and the deadbolt not latching. Newmar fixed both. GPS may be as simple as antenna not being connected tightly behind the Clarion radio unit. I've had my Sirius connection pull apart twice now. Easy enuf to pull out radio from dash and check connections.
Guys are correct on tire pressures. I just had mine weighed ( four corners ), and looks like I should be running between 100 & 105 front and 95 rear. You have a serious amount of CCC on this coach !
On your shower seat, I asked Newmar if they could install one for us when we were at the factory. They said no, as they need to place additional framing in the wall at the time the unit was built, to support the seat brackets. I'd be concerned your dealer is simply using toggle bolts or ?? to hold the seat frame ?
Time for a different dealer I'd suggest.
Best of luck.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #32

I really appreciate everyone's comments, and suggestions. I am still waiting for the call to pick up the coach... I have been told more has been accomplished over the last few days than the entire time so far.
I am told they have a Newmar trained mechanic on the coach now...
sure hope they have it ready soon!
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #33

I purchased 1&1/2 years ago MA 4301 400 Cummings The PDI was 8 pages long No money changed hands until delivery, and upon delivery absolutely everything was repaired and I have not had any serious issues at all. The dealer was Guarantee RV in Junction City Or. This is my 3rd Newmar product all from the same dealer. I think you need to have a set-down with Newmar and this fly by night dealer Good Luck-
myliladog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
The bad thing about it is the entire time your coach is sitting at the dealer your warranty is expiring. Another reason Newmar needs to step and offer a two year warranty like Entegra. This and other dealers aren't able to repair things in a timely manner.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #35

We had many,many issues with our new Dutch Star and it was in the shop for a few months. I contacted Newmar and requested that they extend the warranty by the amount of time it was in the shop and I didn't have use of it... they complied.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
At one time Newmar offered a three year warranty period may never see that again from any MFG.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
'05 was the last year Newmar offered the 3 yr warranty

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:53 AM   #38
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
At one time Newmar offered a three year warranty period may never see that again from any MFG.

The one year warranty is pretty much "industry standard" but really unacceptable for something this complex and this expensive. Especially considering many don't use their RVs year round. It would be nice to see a company like Newmar lead rather than follow in this area.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:38 PM   #39

Workhorse Chassis Owner
dhlairbus, did Tampa RV ever get your Ventana repaired?? On April 1st you said they told you it would be done in a few days.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #40

As most may know Entegra offers a 2 year warranty. They are on DP which are the only type they build.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #41

Is this normal....UPDATE!

I have been holding off on this for too long, so here is the latest.
Short answer, YES I did pickup the coach, 4 April. The list of items was mostly completed, however, I still have to take it to a Freightliner location for the front wheel bounce, right front tire inspection, and passenger mirror vibration. Also the GPS issue will be fixed here at my home, they are sending a mech with the parts... hopefully soon. I was able to get a complete walk thru of all the items corrected, and overall they did a decent job... too bad it took so long (Feb 16 to Apr 4). I am asking Newmar to extend my warranty. The coach looks great, as they did a complete detail.
We realize this dealership is trying, and they certainly have had issues. As of right now... they have "made it up to us" and we feel they deserve a second chance. Newmar Corp is involved, but they never went above the customer service level with us. I requested senior management to contact me, but that has not happened.
My Freightliner appointment is at Tampa F/L, on 12 May, I hope they do a good job for me. I am still not comfortable at speeds higher than 60 with that right front tire that may still prove defective. I monitor the pressure constantly, it is not leaking. But since it was driven with the low pressure from the dealer, I will not treat it as 100% reliable road worthy until the complete check. And it would be quite interesting if the front end bounce was caused by that tire!
So there you have it. We are hoping to get a short trip in it soon, probably to the Orlando area. Toad is a White Mini Countryman... Give us a wave!
Also hope to accomplish the weighing procedure then!
Thanks for everyone's advice, and recommendations.
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #42

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad they got your coach back to you. You said the mirror vibration is going to be handled by Freightliner. I don't think they have anything to do with a mirror. That was a Newmar installed item.