Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #211

King Graham,
Nice spending time with you too. We're at Summit now for an appointment to get sst. trim installed, then back to Nappanee for an topper awning replacement.
Almost all the work at Spartan was better than expected. Only problem now is that the front right weighs 8120#'s, front left 6910#'s. What heavy stuff I have is mostly on the left side already. Newmar will try to adjust bag pressures when we're there late this week.

John, 2005 4502 EXDP
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #212

Hi John - glad all went well at Spartan. We're still in Nappanee (actually driving the toad back from Cleveland today). Been waiting for the Girard guy to show for a week. Latest excuse is he burned the he** out of his hand (at least this sounds legit). Guess he will now be unable to change our slide topper but Ken Miller said the Newmar guys will do it. We're also waiting for a new computer desk to replace our dinette which is being built by a local Nappanee furniture builder. Should still be here when you get here. See you then.

2008 EXDP 4502
txwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 AM   #213
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ken Miller said the Newmar guys will do it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking you're getting the better end of that deal...Sorry about the gentleman's hand,but Ken and his crew are the BEST!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 AM   #214

I agree Bob. We had multiple promises from the Girard guy that he would show up and change out to the biggest magnets for the slide toppers and change one slide topper. Not only did he not show several times, he would never call and let Ken or us know anything. Sat around and waited a lot.......I am glad Ken and his crew are going to do the work. A fabulous group of hard working and knowledgeable men.

2008 EXDP 4502
Old 04-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #215

King,

How long will you be in Nappanee?

Our couch is currently there for service. I had to leave (business) and will be returning Wed. or Thur. of this week. See you there, if you're still around.

SX_RVing
Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #216
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Our couch is currently there for service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking you haven't had that couch long enough for it to need service....

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #217

Hi Sebastian:

We should be here until next week anyway. Looking forward to meeting you later this week.

King

2008 EXDP 4502
Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #218

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Our couch is currently there for service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking you haven't had that couch long enough for it to need service....

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one Bob!

Actually, both the coach and the couch are in for service. The leather on the Villa dinette needs to be pulled tight and stapled.

Besides, the DW has always said I'm the best "couch" driver she knows!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #219

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by txwino:
Hi Sebastian:

We should be here until next week anyway. Looking forward to meeting you later this week.

King </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

King,

I'll be looking forward to it as well.

Sebastian
Old 04-17-2007, 01:43 AM   #220

King,

We'll be leaving Summit this afternoon arriving back in Nappanee tomorrow. Ken and Nevin will be replacing a topper awning for me too before we head to Talladega.

In the sprit of this topic, I used high Jake on purpose as many times as I could on the drive over here and can't find anything to be concerned about.

John, 2005 4502 ESDP
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:36 AM   #221

Newmar Owners Club
john, glad to see you made it through the snow and are going back for more. just for clairfication what was done. We picked up our 07 Essex last week and I noticed the following
double wide 1 piece belt. Very thick cross section
a "ramp" over the angle iron where the belt may rub on the coach
very big drive shaft for the fan. I have seen cars with smaller drive shafts.

Mike Oneal was at the Florida Rally and said I should check with Spartan to see if the coach had the latest.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 AM   #222

Hi John,

We'll be here. I've got an appointment tomorrow morning with Onan, in Elkhart, to have the 50 hr service to the genset. Should be back by Noon. Not sure when Ken is planning on bringing us back inside the High Line service area but will find out this morning. My guess is it will be Thursday. See you when you get here.

2008 EXDP 4502
Old 04-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #223

txwino
Sorry for taking so long for my question, I have been to TMS for a long but great week.
I just read your post that your"FIX" in Ft Worth was'nt correct.I see where the tensioner and the motor mounts were installed in correctly by "Holt". Were your item's (not including the driveshaft of corse)on them too? ?
I had my "Fix" installed there about a week after you. I think I should be concerned. Great people there at Holt. Maybe just lack of communication!!
What Do You Think ?
Glen

07 Essex
eglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 AM   #224

Hi Glen:

I agree that all the folks at Holt Cat seemed real nice. Having said that, they told me this was the first "fix" they had installed for Spartan. Said they just followed the directions that Spartan sent.

At Spartan the loose fan belt was caused by improper installation of the Rosta tensioner. I was told they had it installed in a manner that didn't not allow any additional tension to be taken on the belt, i.e., the tension adjustment was maxed out. Not sure if the motor mounts were something that Holt had to deal with but I doubt it. That seems like it was more likely an initial construction mistake.

I'd keep a close eye on your belt tension and try to get it checked out by someplace that has done these installations before. There is another place in Fort Worth, I think it's called Industrial Power, that has performed several of these installations, and you might want to have them check it out. They are an authorized Spartan service center. The only reason I didn't have my work done there was a scheduling issue they had. They could probably check it out for you.

You also may want to contact Spartan with your concern and ask them to authorize a visit to Industrial Power for these reasons.

Hope this works for you.

2008 EXDP 4502