Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #1

ITR Oasis Heater Parts Sources?

Wondering if anyone has located any sources for parts for the Oasis heaters & distribution modules.

It seems like Oasis has worked hard at making their parts proprietary and charging what seems like excessive prices for most items.

So far I have found sources for nozzles, nozzle O-rings, (new style) sintered metal air filter and the GarBer fuel filter (plan to post a better list w/ sources & prices if I can get any more to add).

Key parts I'm still looking for are the igniter, flame detector and the small
cylindrical sintered metal nozzle filter - anyone w/ info??

With some folks having reported pump problems / failures I decided it would be worth having a spare aboard and just ordered one from ITR. Actually my plan is to do the install as the engine preheat option that PDR John posted a "How To" a few yrs back. I figure in the NE it was worth adding eng preheat and it provides a spare pump if I lose either a heat loop or hot water pump I can easily / quickly swap out the eng preheat one and simply add a temp hose connector until I can fix / replace the bad pump.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2018, 03:39 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
How much is a pump?
Old 01-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Would you be kind enough to share your sources for parts? TIA.

Tom
Old 01-05-2018, 05:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post
How much is a pump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - Would you be kind enough to share your sources for parts? TIA.
Tom
Sure - Here is what I have so far - would really like to find more info on the missing pieces if anyone can find anything please post / forward it to me and I'd be happy to update and repost.

Pump was $245 from ITR - I understand they have an exclusive arrangement w/ Gorman-Rupp the Mfg so you have to buy from ITR or one of their dealers. Interesting enough ITR was less expensive than one of their dealers.
I don't mind giving ITR some business as their tech service / support line seems very helpful and that has value - I just feel like the service kits are expensive for the pieces included.

I will try to add more pics when I get more time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Oasis CH50M Parts List & Sources.pdf (147.8 KB, 843 views)
Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Customer service is the best. Been on the phone last two days. Had intermittent zone heat up and water was sporadic hot and cold. Issue turned out low coolant at the radiator not the overflow bottle. Lesson learned to check radiator, like any radiator let cool off before removing.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Don - Thank you. Great information.

Tom
Old 01-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #7

Thanks for this.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:10 AM   #8

Can this ignitor be modified?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amana-Goodm...-/111247686636
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	187916  
Old 01-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Sure - Here is what I have so far - would really like to find more info on the missing pieces if anyone can find anything please post / forward it to me and I'd be happy to update and repost.

Pump was $245 from ITR - I understand they have an exclusive arrangement w/ Gorman-Rupp the Mfg so you have to buy from ITR or one of their dealers. Interesting enough ITR was less expensive than one of their dealers.
I don't mind giving ITR some business as their tech service / support line seems very helpful and that has value - I just feel like the service kits are expensive for the pieces included.

I will try to add more pics when I get more time.
Very helpful post. Thank you!

Per ITR phone conversation yesterday paraphrased:
How to run Oasis by temperature?
Run AC 1 only when on 30 amp
Run AC 1 & 2 with 50 amp
When you run in furnance mode, you should be running diesel burner as well or by itself when boondocking.

My experience only: I have been running electric only for winter protection at 50 degree furnance settings with no issues last 4 years based on what a Newmar dealership recommended when I purchased. Per owners forum I see or read many other RV'ers do the same as I do on electric only. Make your own choice.

When I am out using the coach however, I use the diesel burner when temps are going to be in the 20ies or below. Again ITR, does not recommend method period of using furnance without diesel burner.

Hope this may help someone else.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Not sure either way.
I believe prohection of the element is a key dimension because that controls position in the burn tube. Lgth of ceramic also important for std Oasis mtg w a spring clip.
Good videos online of annual & 5yr service that shows these parts.
Just Google Oasis service videos and they should show up.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Not sure either way.
I believe prohection of the element is a key dimension because that controls position in the burn tube. Lgth of ceramic also important for std Oasis mtg w a spring clip.
Good videos online of annual & 5yr service that shows these parts.
Just Google Oasis service videos and they should show up.
I purchased the annual kit from ITR when they were at the Newmar rally. Did the service myself using their video-very easy.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post
Very helpful post. Thank you!

Per ITR phone conversation yesterday paraphrased:
How to run Oasis by temperature?
Run AC 1 only when on 30 amp
Run AC 1 & 2 with 50 amp
When you run in furnance mode, you should be running diesel burner as well or by itself when boondocking.

My experience only: I have been running electric only for winter protection at 50 degree furnance settings with no issues last 4 years based on what a Newmar dealership recommended when I purchased. Per owners forum I see or read many other RV'ers do the same as I do on electric only. Make your own choice.

When I am out using the coach however, I use the diesel burner when temps are going to be in the 20ies or below. Again ITR, does not recommend method period of using furnance without diesel burner.

Hope this may help someone else.
Did they say why they don't recommend electric only? Is it that it might not provide sufficient heat or is it an issue of the electric elements failing/being damaged from having them potentially run constantly when using in furnace mode?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:04 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
There point was BTU's. 50,000 with diesel burner, and less than 20,000 on electric only. Electric for me at lower demands has worked. I only go 50 degrees on electric in storage mode when temperatures are at freezing or when using the coach I will go to 30 degrees outside before going diesel. Again just my technique not what Oasis recommends.

One last point: the ITR tech stated: the diesel burner burns .44 gallons of diesel per continuous running hour. So since it turns on and off as demand is called for, your fuel should do even better for planning.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #14

The 20,000 btu would include floor heat and still would not make that amount.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, parts