Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #71
Administrator Emeritus

Personally I like the Silver Streak....wasn't that the name of the train in the Richard Pryor movie?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #72
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Yeah, the Silver Streak was a train and a movie.

Gary raises several good points. He and I are not going to follow you from campground to campground helping to load and unload the smaller toys.

If you have no butler to assist you, then a trailer change is in order to maintain your image.

We all would hate for the other RVers to think you ran out of money before completing the transformation.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #73
Administrator Emeritus

I'm beginning to realize the writing's on the wall for a new trailer,but I was hoping to find out where at least ONE of ya was...

Guess I should've made better plans for the roof height of the cart when it was fabricated.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm beginning to realize the writing's on the wall for a new trailer,but I was hoping to find out where at least ONE of ya was... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, I'll be honest with you. I'm a mercenary. I'm available for hire for these things.

Pay my fuel and camping fees, and I'll be there.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #75
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Ooooohhhh, nice! She's beautiful. I wish you & your family happy travels. Enjoy!!

I'm all about names. I love thinkin up stuff like that. Here's a few that came to my mind when I saw the photo: Ebony Express, Black Beauty, Night Rider, Black Magic, Black Velvet, Night Moves, Phantom, Dark Shadow....I could go on & on, but I better stop while I'm ahead....

Whatever you name her, I'm sure she'll wear it proudly.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #76

Bob,

Just one question. Why did Newmar put a mid-coach entrance on the LA? Just doesn't look quite right for a big beautiful bus!

Ed

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #77
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed-Deb:
Bob,
Just one question. Why did Newmar put a mid-coach entrance on the LA? Just doesn't look quite right for a big beautiful bus!
Ed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed, interestingly enough THAT'S one reason I bought the LADP...

Also....the mid door has done the market well,with the Winnebago Adventurer "mid door" the number one selling gas motorhome in the Country.
I LOVE the lack of wind noise in the front and the added space and conveniences that are in place when the door is moved rearward.
The passenger also gains an operable window just like on the driver's side with the mid-door LADP.
Newell has done the market well with the mid-door coach as well.

Having said that.there's a "rumor" that Newmar is contemplating a front door LADP for the future...I for one am not interested in that option.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:27 AM   #78

Hey,,Bob,,just a few thoughts...
This Butler comes with a (Little) money for expenses.

I think the Silver Streak was a premier train in the days of rail travel. Go with Silver Streak.

We gotta get you a name change to go with the new trailer..When you pull into a campground and everyone wants to know who that is the answer should be, "THE DONALD".

Real Happy for you and just gotta have a few comments...
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:22 AM   #79

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed-Deb:
Bob,
Ed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed, interestingly enough THAT'S one reason I bought the LADP...

Also....the mid door has done the market well,with the Winnebago Adventurer "mid door" the number one selling gas motorhome in the Country.
I LOVE the lack of wind noise in the front and the added space and conveniences that are in place when the door is moved rearward.
The passenger also gains an operable window just like on the driver's side with the mid-door LADP.
Newell has done the market well with the mid-door coach as well.

Having said that.there's a "rumor" that Newmar is contemplating a front door LADP for the future...I for one am not interested in that option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know they had their whole LA line with mid-doors. Just went and looked at the web site!

The bottom line is...if you are happy with it then that is what counts!

Again, a beautiful MH Bob!

Ed

2003 KSDP
Old 01-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #80

I guess there are two camps on the mid entry. DP's generally have been front entrance whereas gas coaches are pretty much mid. So it may just be a mental thing more for those preferring the front.
I do agree with Bob on the passenger having a much better view and facilities with no front door.

Peter
Old 01-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #81
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:

We gotta get you a name change to go with the new trailer..When you pull into a campground and everyone wants to know who that is the answer should be, "THE DONALD".

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's wrong with "THE ROBERT" or "THE BOB'
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I sure hope we don't have to start addressing Bob as Mr. Gregory now.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:52 AM   #83

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lug_Nut:
I guess there are two camps on the mid entry. DP's generally have been front entrance whereas gas coaches are pretty much mid. So it may just be a mental thing more for those preferring the front.
I do agree with Bob on the passenger having a much better view and facilities with no front door.

Peter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter,

I think you are probably right. I had just never seen a mid-entry high end DP before. (Maybe I need to get out more).

Yes, I probably am mental...to some degree!

Ed

2003 KSDP
Old 01-23-2007, 06:32 AM   #84

Newmar Owners Club
I think the mid-door preference for Bob is much more basic than that. Think about it, closer to the bedroom, his desk, the liquor cabinet and the fridge. Bob likes the efficiency of the layout once he is parked.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote