Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's on the factory floor....

Our 2016 Canyon Star 3710 hits the factory floor today(3/16). We are going up to the factory on Friday to see her and take some pictures. Have a dealer delivery date of 4/5. I have been on the factory tour before, but was wondering if they allow you to get off the tour and spend time in your unit that's being built? Any tips on what to ask or see while we are in the factory?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #2

They will allow you to spend time with your unit. How much time you get depends on how big the group is that day and whether anyone else in the group has a unit on the floor. Take as many pictures of things you won't be able to see later when your coach is complete. You never know when you may want to know what was behind that wall, cabinet, etc. Congratulations on your new coach! We'll be there on Sunday to have warranty work performed on our coach.
Aggiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiefan View Post
Take as many pictures of things you won't be able to see later when your coach is complete. You never know when you may want to know what was behind that wall, cabinet, etc.
Yeah, What Stan said!

Go to BOTH tours (if they are offering 2 a day this time of year)
Let the tour guide (Michelle, Roxie, or Ashley) know when you sign in that your coach is on the line. They will likely let you get a little ahead of the group and fall a little behind to allow you more time with your coach. You may also be allowed to get in close but it will depend on what they are working on at the time.

If the insulation and outside fiberglas is not on yet, ask if you can sign the wall. We did this inside one of our outer walls, it was fun and a good photo moment.

Good Luck, Enjoy your coach
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Canyon Star. They will allow you to "visit" your unit. Take pics of the unit and the techs building it. It'll make for great memories later.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi psi500,
Congrats on the new coach. I am at Newmar and will be on the 10 AM tour. There is no PM tour until April. In addition to the tour, stop by the Newmar Kountry Klub. Linda can answer any questions you may have. Qs to ask depend on what interests you have. If you have time lunch is just around the corner. Good Amish cooking. There might even be a unit like yours at the at the end of the assembly line. One can crawl around that unit. See you on the tour.

If you arrive early, I'll be in the Customer Service Center lounge at the corner of Arnott and Cheyenne. This is East of the tour building about 1/4 mile on the right. You can't miss it. Customer coaches in for service are parked there. My coach is in site 12.

The size of the tour group today was 3. The group may also be small on Thursday and Friday. Bad weather keeps attendance low.

Do you have the VIN or order number or production number and the dealer that sold the coach? I will be taking the tour on Thursday and can provide you an update.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #6

Congratulations!!! Let us know what you experience at the factory.
Candy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks everyone. GaryKD I sent you a PM. I was there last Oct. and they allowed us to take our time looking as long as we stayed behind the yellow line. At the end we got to explore some finished units. It was really something to see.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi psi500,
Check your iRV2 inbox.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi psi500,
Pictures of your coach have been sent. Total of 19 pictures in 3 separate emails.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gary, thank you so much for the pictures. How many where on the tour today?
We are excited to get there tomorrow to see the unit and meet you.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hi psi500,
Only I was on the tour today. This is why the pictures showed progress at the station the coach was at. When I got there the side and bathroom walls were not on the coach. I had some other things to investigate so the tour guide took me to see what I wanted to see. As we passed by your coach again, the bathroom and side walls were on the coach so you got those pictures too.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had a great time today at the factory tour. We got to see our unit being built and even got to sign our names on a wall of the RV. Got to meet in person GaryKD and newmarpusher both members of irv2. Gary has been keeping me updated on the progress of our unit as it floats down the line.

If you ever close by Nappanee, its well worth the time to take the tour and see how Newmar assembles all the pieces and parts to produce a very fine motorhome.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi psi500,
Hearty congrats on your upcoming new coach! It is very exciting and fun isn't it!!? The first time to the factory we took the tour of course. While sitting there in the chairs at the beginning of the tour, guess who stops by? Mahlon Miller himself! The tour guide seemed to be surprised, (yet maybe Mahlon does this all the time, don't know). Anyway, before leaving he paused to talk directly with me, complimenting me on the questions I asked.

This is probably not that unusual an occurrence. I'm sure many of you out there have conversed with Mahlon and/or Matt. Nevertheless, that was a very cool moment (for me) to be talking to "the man" our first time there! A man whom the whole motorhome industry owes a great deal of thanks and credit.

Truly, everyone there at Camp Newmar are super people, top notch.

Wishing you a windfall of great memories ahead!
Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi500 View Post
Had a great time today at the factory tour. We got to see our unit being built and even got to sign our names on a wall of the RV. Got to meet in person GaryKD and newmarpusher both members of irv2. Gary has been keeping me updated on the progress of our unit as it floats down the line.

If you ever close by Nappanee, its well worth the time to take the tour and see how Newmar assembles all the pieces and parts to produce a very fine motorhome.
Very Cool. Now where are those dang pics??
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote