Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #1

Jack solenoid location

Looking for the location of the leveling jack solenoids. In particular the solenoid that controls the driver's side rear jack. I was told by a dealer they replaced a solenoid. I looked at what I thought was the solenoids, (next to the pump) and all 4 have the same amount of dirt on them. Looked at the jack and the wires going to it are just as dirty as the jack. I am hoping there is something I'm missing.
Thanks
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #2

On my 4381, they're under the hood on the left hand side. You can see the pump motor, and they are the 4 round silver things connected to the manifold.
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #3

Jack Solenoid

That is where I thought. None of them have been changed, I was hoping there is something else that I was missing.
Thanks for your reply.
Be safe
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #4

Your HWH manual will identify the 4 solenoids and which jacks they control. From memory, the 2 larger ones control the rear.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes. Most likely the sight of the part that the dealer may (or not) have repalced.

The "Solenoid" is a 3 part device
One part is the valve, ODDS are when the dealer said he replaced it this is what he replaced. If you look at the "nut" at the base of the thign where is screws into the assembly. THIS part may show as "clean"

Slipped over this is the COIL, This part was likely NOT replaced. and it is what you are looking at. I'd not even disconnect it (electrically) When replacing the valve

Finally there is the plastic cap screws off and on and likewise not replaced, in fact on some of the valves.. OPTIONAL.

But look right where it screws into the housing, that is the only visible part that will show "Clean" on a new valve.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look below this link and you will see links to jack systems with the diagrams for jack systems.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, solenoid