Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2019, 06:44 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
King Aire and Essex

Which King Aire's and Essex models have the kitchen windows? Can other models have the window added as a special?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2019, 08:03 AM   #2

Added to 2018 Ventana

I ordered the "long" window for the kitchen in my 2018 Ventana. The smaller window was an option on the order sheet but thanks to the knowledge from this site I ordered the longer one. Different models will obviously be different but this seems to be an available option if not standard install. I love that if stuck inside I pretty much have windows all the way around the front.
SPDmotorbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
We had the 12X60 kitchen window installed as a "special" on our Mountain Aire. No issues. Michelle Howard at Newmar can get it approved for you.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #4

Our 2015 DSDP had the optional kitchen window and we have never used it.
opeltodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:17 PM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
How do you "never use" a window? It lets in light and you can look out of it. Whether or not you open the window for fresh air is up to you.

TJ
Old 02-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
How do you "never use" a window? It lets in light and you can look out of it. Whether or not you open the window for fresh air is up to you.

TJ
The window has an MCD day-night shade and it has never been opened so no light nor air has passed through this window.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #7
GKU

We had the long kitchen window installed as a special on our 2019 Mountain Aire.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #8

haha . I had the same question . "How do you 'never use' a window? " And yet, the poster gave a good answer. They always keep shades down.

The long kitchen window is one of our most important options. I'd never have a coach without one

Different strokes, etc
Old 02-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
haha . I had the same question . "How do you 'never use' a window? " And yet, the poster gave a good answer. They always keep shades down.

The long kitchen window is one of our most important options. I'd never have a coach without one

Different strokes, etc
Our window is only 14"x24" and in the far right corner of the kitchen counter. With counter space at a minimum in most motorhomes, that space is taken up by the kettle and toaster. Even if we did open the window it is almost completely obscured by appliances and therefore pretty much useless.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 PM   #10
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by opeltodd View Post
Our window is only 14"x24" and in the far right corner of the kitchen counter. With counter space at a minimum in most motorhomes, that space is taken up by the kettle and toaster. Even if we did open the window it is almost completely obscured by appliances and therefore pretty much useless.
Ahhhhhh...the size does help explain your situation. Our 12"X60" window runs nearly the full length of the kitchen counter and really provides good natural light as well as an open feeling in the kitchen area.

TJ
Old 02-26-2019, 09:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
We had the 12X60 kitchen window installed as a "special" on our Mountain Aire. No issues. Michelle Howard at Newmar can get it approved for you.

TJ

Yikes. I love the new longer kitchen windows. I have a Mountain Aire on order and was told that the new large window was the regular optional window, not a special. So I just checked the box for a kitchen window and didn’t make it a “special.” I sure hope that doesn’t mean I’m going to end up with the tiny little window. Are you sure the longer window was a special?

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:15 PM   #12
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Bakunin View Post
Yikes. I love the new longer kitchen windows. I have a Mountain Aire on order and was told that the new large window was the regular optional window, not a special. So I just checked the box for a kitchen window and didn’t make it a “special.” I sure hope that doesn’t mean I’m going to end up with the tiny little window. Are you sure the longer window was a special?
It was a special for 2018, but may be an option for 2019. Call Michelle Howard at Newmar and ask her. She will have the information you need.

TJ
Old 02-26-2019, 11:54 PM   #13

It was an option on our 2019 New Aire, we love it, with the big window at the dinette booth and the 3 windows behind the recliners along with the huge front windows the small New Aire has a big open feel and plenty of light. All JMHO
Old 02-27-2019, 11:10 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Can a window be added after the coach is built?

Tags
air