Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Regarding Vac: I'm not sure which coach I saw this in at the Supershow but, there was a kick plate about 3/4" high by 6-8" wide at the bottom of a cabinet or wall near the center of the coach. There was a tab that you could push your foot against.

When pushing it turned the vacuum on and the slot was open. You just sweep the dirt into the slot. No more dustpans. I thought it was neat and hadn't seen it before.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #44
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JavaJelly:
Regarding Vac: I'm not sure which coach I saw this in at the Supershow but, there was a kick plate about 3/4" high by 6-8" wide at the bottom of a cabinet or wall near the center of the coach. There was a tab that you could push your foot against.

When pushing it turned the vacuum on and the slot was open. You just sweep the dirt into the slot. No more dustpans. I thought it was neat and hadn't seen it before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Essex and LADB both had this feature.... really nice for sweeping up the fallen umbrellas.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #45

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlyingDiver:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetsmania:

[QUOTE]
110V Outlet inside bathroom sink cabinet.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Inside the cabinet? Hmmm.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Jill likes to leave the Hair Dryer plugged in under the cabinet. That way all she has to do is take it out when needed.

Change sofas to Essex Couches
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You mean the ones that are normally installed in an Essex? What's the difference?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

In having sat in the MADP, Essex, and King Aire we felt the King Aire had the hardest seat of all. It has hard backs and seat cushions. A lot of people like that. The MADP is a lot more cushiony feel. The Essex is close to the MADP, but even more comfortable because of the double plush back cushions. Newmar told us the couches in the King Aire are of equal value to the Essex, they were just trying for a different look. The Ultra Leather on all three, have that very soft buttery feeling. If you like hard backs, King Aire. If you want real plushy use the Essex.

Elimanate light fixture over eating area and replace with more Halogens under cabinet.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We don't have an "eating area". The dinette was replaced with desks, but I'll need to see what lights they have planned now.

Even so I would put at least 2 or more Halogens under the cabinets on the drivers side.

Move TV Booster switch (next to passenger seat) back up into cabinet. (where it use to be)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What's that switch for? We'll look at the current location for that.

The switch is for you to turn on your power booster for the antanae. It is also a 12 Volt power point, and cable hook up. On the MADP & Essex they put it in the cabinet over the passengers seat. It just jumped out at us last time we were in a King Aire. Why they moved it down to the wall by the passengers seat I don't know.

Make much deeper coffee cup holder for passenger seat area (it is made out of Corian, great for little kids cup)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Deeper or wider?

I am in uncharted territory on that one. Jill told Ken it was way too small for her 24 Ounce coffee from Dunkin Donuts. He said no problem they could make it bigger. The only thing it would probably hold now is DIRK's sipper cup!!

110v plugs in various locations in basement. Locate at least one in the power bay in case of wanting to put a wireless cable modem down there.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point. I already specified a bunch of cable and conduit runs to that bay, but I didn't think to add 110v outlet.
[QUOTE]

Newmar is very reasonable for extra outlets. I think the only ones that come in the basement is one for the basement reefer and one in the bay in front of the outside entertainment center. I would at least add one on the drivers side somewhere.

The guys at 3GStore recommend this one: http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=669

That is where I got my air card modem from. Thanks for the links, let me know what you wind up with on the roof.

I just ordered the aircard setup we'll be using in the coach, minus that antenna. We'll be using it in the car for the next couple months, so I got http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=670 instead. I'll get the other one later. The aircard and the modem/controller for the Datastorm will be going in the cabinet above the fridge, where the A/V equipment normally is.

Sounds like a great coach. GOOD LUCK!!

Paul
Old 03-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #46

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Again, don't overlook adding the hi/lo switch to many of the "ambiance" or general Halogen lights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Jeff! The King Aire comes with a different system then the Essex. It is a multiplex type system that is programable by Newmar. They can make the lights do anything you want. I believe they also dim when you push Movie for the electric shades to all go down at once. I love your idea for the central vac. Central Vac is standard on the KGDB. Paul
Old 03-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #47

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My Essex and LADB both had this feature.... really nice for sweeping up the fallen umbrellas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Great idea if you use a broom. With central vac, why sweep?? UNLESS you are afraid the little umbrellas are going to get stuck in the hose!! Paul
Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Just an update for everyone - we got the drawings from Newmar today for the customized cabinets we asked for. They did an excellent job translating my hand-drawn sketch for the entertainment unit into real drawings. They got the hutch almost right. Had a relatively short list of changes we just sent back.

Currently projecting the unit to come off the line the week of May 19th. Not sure how long after that before we can pick it up. Dealer said can be as long as three weeks for a factory PDI.

joe