Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #1

Kitchen Faucet Flow

The water flow and pressure from the kitchen faucet in our '07 DSDP is terrible, while the shower and bathroom faucets are just fine.
The low flow/pressure from the kitchen is with either city water hookup or from the pump....both hot and cold have the same poor pressure. I've visually inspected the undersink and behind slide hoses as best I can and see no kinks or obstructions. I've removed the areator and that makes no difference. I'm wondering if the internal faucet assembly itself is the problem, but before I spend money unnecessarily on a new faucet I wonder if anyone else here has had to replace their "Phoenix" faucet and seen better performance from a new unit. I wish I could think of a good test that I could do that would either prove or disprove the faucet as the problem. Any thoughts?

lhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #2

Is this a new phenomenon or has it always been this way?

rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Internal parts can fail, it isn't rocket scjence to re-build the "innards" You may have had some junk in the line get loose, and come to rest in the faucet seat.
Also, if you have a manifold system, might want to check and see if you have adequate pressure there, at the kitchen output branches. Since it seems to be both hot, and cold, relly think you are on the right track with a faucet internal...no big deal...shut the water off, and go for it!
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #4

Faucet aerator maybe clogged with grit,rust from camp water supply. I learned from experience.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #5

It's hard to tell from looking at the stream how much water is actually coming out. Try this. Get a container, 2 cup measuring cup will work. Time how long it takes to fill the container from each faucett. I thought I had a restriction problem until I found that the stream in the kitchen just looked different, it was the same amount of water.

If you do have less water coming from the sink in question, then start working back from the diffuser/strainer, take it off and measure. Does the faucett handset come off? Mine is a pull out spray type which unscrews from the hose. Check right out of the hose. Can you disconnect the hose/piping under the sink? Check it there.

After that you should know what needs work to fix the problem.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhks View Post
Faucet aerator maybe clogged with grit,rust from camp water supply. I learned from experience.
This is always the first place to check. Unscrew it with your fingers (might need to use a bottle opener rubber pad) and clean it.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhill View Post
I've removed the areator and that makes no difference.
Looks like he already checked the aerator. I changed both the kitchen and bath faucets in my RV. Had to buy a couple of adapter fittings but it was an easy job.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #8

I had low flow in kitchen Nd wanted to change faucets anyway (or rather DW did). New faucets in bath and kit hen made no difference. Stlll good flow in bath and. It so good in kitchen. Cannot find a kink in the hose but entire length is not visible.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #9
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I have the same situation. I have not been able to figure it out. We just accept it for what it is.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I have the same situation. I have not been able to figure it out. We just accept it for what it is.
Me too. Great in the bathroom sink, not as good in the shower and poor in the kitchen.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I have the same coach as USMCRET and might be the same as mikelm48. After looking at the plumbing lines my view is if the low water pressure is:

1. both cold and hot water consider repairing or replacing the fixture.
2. hot water only (could still be the fixture) all the connections are under the sink that is right behind the water heater. If there is a blockage in the line it is not difficult to remove the connections and rid one's self of the offending connection or blockage.
3. cold water only (could still be the fixture) can be much more difficult to find. There are connections under the sink that can be disassembled and checked. The next step is to follow the pipe toward the rear of the coach and determine where is goes under the floor and connects to the interior cold water main line. For my coach this is under the shower.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think I would remove the line from the faucet. Then with bucket in hand and DW at the pump swittch, see what you get. Can't think of any other way to perform a test.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #13

what about the extra filter under the sink?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Water flow at the kitchen sink was slow due to water filter been old. Changed filter, flow was then much faster, filter was under sink area. 2004 Monaco coach.
Rebel