Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmf23 View Post
Dan,

Go to RVT or Rvtrader and find a dealer who has a coach in the model line your interested in that they've purchased from the dealer show. Request information on that coach including the window sticker, that sticker will also include the standard options. Take that info along with the option sheet from newmar and your good to go.
I went to Steinbring's website and did this for the 2018 DSDP 3718. Many rumored or disclosed standards are not on the sheet like the new holding tank sensor system, the recirculating hot water system, or even the cut and buff paint job that was introduced on the 2017 models. I hope the brochures have more detailed info.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Dan,

Go to RVT or Rvtrader and find a dealer who has a coach in the model line your interested in that they've purchased from the dealer show. Request information on that coach including the window sticker, that sticker will also include the standard options. Take that info along with the option sheet from newmar and your good to go.
I've got a dealer. Tom Lindstrom in California. I'm sure he can get us what we need. We just need to ask. I was hoping the information would show up online but it's hasn't so...

Quote:
Dan,

Also who told you they're building 17's well into July? I have a 18 MA on order and Newmar says delivery to Steinbring 8/3, I'm supposedly in Run #5. With the build schedule and close to 3 weeks in paint alone add in the July 4 break and our coach has to be close to starting in a few days to weeksid guess. My dealer will let me know when it starts production.
I'm sure they are building 17's and 18's side by side. Might be an advantage if you have a 17 in order. A few modifications might sneak their way in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
The rumour or fact is Newmar has 1000-1100 orders which even at 45 a week and 2-3 weeks off in the year they have 1/2 of orders so all the info and brochures appears to be not all that important to get out.
That's what I heard and I read it on iRV2. I think it was the thread about increasing production. Don't know if it's true. If Newmar has 1000 2017's to build at this point, they don't need to build five more coaches a week. They needed to stop taking orders a long time ago or build more manufacturing space.
Dan McMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #17

The 1000 or 1100 are 2018's. They stopped taking orders for 2017 sometime ago.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
So, with respect to stocking dealers, if Newmar and these dealers will take my money, why can't I get a brochure that tells me what I'm buying? I'm going out on faith and what I've read here, but it sure would be nice if I could see it in black and white and some colors too. The build sheet shows me the extra stuff I can spend money on... Maybe they could send it to me in a secret envelope with a receipt for my 10k?
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We go through this transition every year at this time and usually this month for the brochures and all owners guide to be changed for all models and added to the NEWMAR CORP sticky top of forum.
I check every day for any changes within COM_NET for any work that was done over night or weekends.
If late at night the link maybe shut down and being worked on.
It will happen soon enough and I will have the changes posted as soon as possible.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #20

Dealer told me today that Newmar will have their website updated next week with the 2018 info. Don't know if that means Monday or later, but there it is.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Dan
Old 06-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
2018 DSDP info. I think I've seen this from another poster, but just in case someone else missed it.

Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018 Dutch Star info 1.pdf (918.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: pdf 2018 Dutch Star info 2.pdf (1.29 MB, 71 views)
Old 06-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Our dealer here in Texas (NIRVC) told us that delivery dates for orders taken now are January to February. That's over 6 months!!!!
dxg0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi dxg0001 - I'm not doubting you but that differs from what I am being told. I should know better soon but the rough approximation I am being given is mid to late October. I wonder if dealers with left overs are exagerating as a tool to sell 17 models.

Tom
Old 06-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
I was deciding between two dealers, one telling me ALL orders would be delivered in January while the other said late September. Spoke with customer service and she said we're busy but not "that" busy. Orders going in now should see September or October delivery. Not sure where the huge difference is. I changed my mind from the 4362 to the 4369 then to the 4327 so I've messed up my original delivery date some and only find out the final details on Monday. I'll post what I find out.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:28 PM   #26
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
Our dealer here in Texas (NIRVC) told us that delivery dates for orders taken now are January to February. That's over 6 months!!!!

It is true that they have sold coaches through February of next year; however, dealers who have preordered coaches CAN substitute your guaranteed sale for one of their preorders. I ordered my coach today and it should come off the line in September and be ready for FPU in mid October.
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:29 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
What ARD posted is true. First thing first. Newmar has over 1K coaches in the backlog. Newmar only manufactures what has been sold. Dealers place orders for a variety of coaches. They commit to pay for these coaches when ready to ship. The dealer is given a ship date for each order. You come along and sign an order for your coach. The dealer has coaches coming off the line that look like they will go to his inventory (read dealer $s flying away). They will substitute your coach for one that is near to production (near production is 3 months minimum). This is because Newmar mass produces in volumes of one. Your coach may not be configured like the one the dealer put in line.

There are some variables.
1. Is your coach an "Aire" model? They make fewer (fewer than the "Star" coaches) of these each week because of the complexity.
2. How many manufacturing "slots" does the dealer have with inventory coaches?
3. Can any of these slots be substituted with your coach?
4. How good of a customer are you? What is the profit in your coach vs. another customer vs taking a chance on putting the coach in inventory?

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Newmar has over 1K coaches in the backlog. Newmar only manufactures what has been sold. Dealers place orders for a variety of coaches. They commit to pay for these coaches when ready to ship. The dealer is given a ship date for each order. You come along and sign an order for your coach. The dealer has coaches coming off the line that look like they will go to his inventory (read dealer $s flying away). They will substitute your coach for one that is near to production (near production is 3 months minimum). This is because Newmar mass produces in volumes of one. Your coach may not be configured like the one the dealer put in line.

+1

If a dealer is telling customers they can't get a customer build before Jan or Feb, they are really saying, IMHO, that they want a bunch of shiny new 2018 coaches lined up along the front of their lot to draw in customers...

or more likely they don't have any build slots available...

or they are lying to try to get customers to buy a 2017 or a stock 2018...

or they don't want to waste their build slot on your Bay Star Sport when they can get a King Aire and the bigger profit margin.

My dealer will have a 2018 Bay Star 3113 on his lot in about four weeks. They are building 2018's and have been for a while apparently. I'm sure there are customer 2017's rolling off the line but I would guess many dealers swapped their late 2017 orders for a 2018 model instead. The backlog maybe be real but they aren't all 2017 orders. Just dealer build slots that already have a coach penciled in. Business as usual, I suspect.