Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

I heard through the grapevine that John Lane's MADP made it to North Trail and they're busy getting it all ready for delivery...

Maybe he'll stop in and give us an update if he sees the post...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

I heard through the grapevine that John Lane's MADP made it to North Trail and they're busy getting it all ready for delivery...

Maybe he'll stop in and give us an update if he sees the post...
Old 02-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #3

John and Pam are excited to get their rig, and excited they should be. It's a great looking machine. Besides we need some more '07 45ers in here.

Peter
Old 02-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Peter,I'm thinking you've seen it at North Trail as I didn't think they had taken it back to RB as of yet?

I was told Scotty from NT was working with them...
Old 02-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #5

I only saw it on the outside from a distance. I know John and Pam are anxious as it has been a long wait since they ordered it. Hoipefully they will have it this week.

Peter
Old 02-06-2007, 02:46 AM   #6

Hello Bob and All,

Coach arrived at North Trail on Thursday and we were formally introduced on Friday. Paul (jetsmania) was having service work performed on Friday and he scoped it out for us before we arrived. His insight and input were invaluable. Many thanks. Coach looks great and all of the options, changes, etc. requested were made to our satisfaction. The "cooling system" upgrades have to be made before we take possession. That should happen sometime this week. North Trail's position is that these upgrades will be made before a coach is released. We are excited to get the coach but all good things take time. We are not homeless.

Un-numbered Amigo
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:45 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

John, it's good to hear Scotty is taking a proactive approach to the Spartan issues and with my recent experience with their service department as a barometer,I would expect NOTHING less from those fine folks.

Glad to hear your coach is in town and that you'll soon be enjoying her...

On a side note, I know some of the techs from North Trail are headed here for a school on the 18th...I might even still be here to welcome them!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #8

Well our MADP is still at North Trail RV and will be untii next Thursday. A badly cracked windshield delayed the ownership transfer. The cooling system upgrade was completed with one problem - the teflon clamp was installed improperly. My life coach Peter Lug_Nut discovered that one. The techs are attending to that problem and I discovered the owner is personally looking into the situation. Life goes on.

Un-numbered Amigo
Old 02-09-2007, 07:03 AM   #9

It's a great looking coach, but John and Pam will just have to wait one more week to start enjoying it. The windshield thing I'm sure was disappointing but things like this happen and it will be good as new when they get it.

Peter
Old 02-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #10

Hi! With the amount of visits John & Pam have made to their coach, they have solved all their problems that most of us find after delivery. I have no clue how all of us missed the cracked windshield. The good news is they have one really hot looking coach waiting for pickup. It also has all the latest updates. Paul
Old 02-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #11

John and Pam just arrived at River Bend with their new coach. It looks awesome and all is perfect. Now they have tons of studying starting with "how to turn off the lights" so they can get some sleep tonight.
Congrat's to both of them, what a machine.

Peter
Old 02-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Peter, THANKS for the update!

I'm hoping once John get's some manuals read,he will come on the forums and offer us his first impressions...
It's a good thing he got his delivery worked out as the high line techs from many dealerships are scheduled to be in school here in Nappanee...

CONGRATS JOHN AND PAM!!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
cwg

I spent some of the afternoon with them while they were preparing to hook up for the return trip back to River Bend. Got to take the tour of their rig and it is as nice as you say.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #14

Yes, the new coach is home at RiverBend. It started, it ran, it stopped, the jacks went down, the slides went out - life is good. We are getting settled in but the learning curve looks pretty steep. But the guardian angel bunch of Paul, Peter and Chuck (coach experts not a singing group) have provided some much needed and appreciated guidance that really helped with the transition. Many thanks. The staff at North Trail is very very good at what they do and the sale and PDI went smoothly . Even the repair of the roof leak went smoothly. Yes, nothing is perfect. The drain hose was not connected properly to the drain cup at the number 1 A/C. A little unnerving to hear dripping water in the middle of the night. The problem was literally attacked by the North Trail staff and Nate says it's good to go. We have taken a little time to step back and look at the coach - we are pleased. Gotta hit the manuals hard because I get the vibes that Peter will be conducting some tests and Chuck will be keeping score. Paul, well he gave up and went home to NJ. Good night.

Un-numbered Amigo