RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2007, 05:08 AM   #15
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Hershey show is the largest in the country and the 2008 models are introduced there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many shows make that claim.

I was disappointed in the much smaller vendor turnout at Hershey after the show was moved from Harrisburg.

However, if you live in the northeast, then Hershey is the show to attend.

The 2008 Newmar diesels were introduced at Perry GA in March.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
socal114,
When I purchased my coach in 05, North Trail was the best price by 4% over other Newmar dealers. I had narrowed the Brand to Newmar so the comparrison was valid.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:00 AM   #17
bkh

We're only going to Hershey to look around. We're definitely leaning towards Newmar, but want to make sure we're not overloooking anything.

When it comes time to buy, I've already put together my RFQ and will send to multiple dealers. In fact, I may send to every Newmar Dealer authorized to sell the KSDP. I'm building a list now of all the dealers fax numbers.

My preference would be that my local dealer could at least be close in price, because I like the owner. But, he'll still get service revenue if he doesn't get the coach sale.
bkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My preference would be that my local dealer could at least be close in price, because I like the owner. But, he'll still get service revenue if he doesn't get the coach sale. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I originally bought my '07 Essex from the local dealer for the same reasons and it cost me about 3 percent "out of pocket", but I gained the ability to have a local dealer for backup.
Most dealers have a policy that they'll service "their own" customers first and then transients second...then those folks that bought elsewhere fall in the equation.

I would caution you to do a fair amount of research on these forums IRT to the service "reputation" of the dealer as well...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bkh:
rebelsbeach,

We're most likely looking for Kountry Star DP 3943, but were also considering Ventana DP. We plan to go to the show in Hershey and spend some serious time looking around.

I'll definitley be doing the factory pick up option. It's one of the reasons, I don't mind bidding out to multiple dealers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the same coach we are looking at. So far we haven't been able to top the 3943 floor plan for our needs although we've been doing tons of research.

Good luck and let me know when you order / pick on up. If you manage to see one in the wild and think about it share some pics

2008 Saturn Vue
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #20

Those looking at the 3943 should look at the 4156(AllStar)-larger(much deeper slides) with room for over 4 bunks in the 2nd bedroom(with private entrance).
Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #21

North Trail advertises as being the largest Newmar dealership. I bought my 2004 DSDP from them 3 1/2 years ago. I had to work at it to get the best deal. The service has been outstanding.
Tom

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dav5942:
Those looking at the 3943 should look at the 4156(AllStar)-larger(much deeper slides) with room for over 4 bunks in the 2nd bedroom(with private entrance). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, thanks for posting that. Essentially that space back there is somewhat customizable? I assume you could go bunks in the upper slide and dressers or a desk in that bottom slide. Be tight when they were all closed up but once opened you'd also have the entire room there where you could lay down an air mattress.

Any idea what the limits are that can be done with that area since they don't really list any options on the downloaded brochure.

Thanks!

2008 Saturn Vue
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #23

Aridon, I would consider a pull down bed(s) or fold up bunks, etc. With the slides out you have a 9' by 13'plus room(most coach bedrooms are much smaller) which is gigantic! Even room for W/D, TV, 3rd AC, computer center,etc. etc. and still have room for work shop, sewing room, etc(a long with the sleeping arrangements). We had alot of things added by Newmar but also had to do many ourselves in our garage/bedroom.

Another option is to make the rear bedroom the master bedroom and fill the first bedroom with bunks or whatever(W/D, etc.)

If we weren't carrying all the toys we would definetly be considering the 4156.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #24
bkh

Yes, the 4156 is nice. I found pictures somewhere on the web and liked the concept.

Prior to the 4156, I considered one of the other garage models with the idea of putting in some fold down bunks and then have ability to bring a bike.

Unfortunately, the extra 2 ft is just enough to not make it possible. No way to make it fit in my driveway and not enough room between the lots to squeeze it on the side of the house.

If I can get some pictures of the 3943 or the 4156, I'll post them.
bkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #25

Hi! Have you tried Tom Schaeffers Rv. www.tomschaeffers.com ask for Mark. He specializes in the Newmar stuff. We had a lot of luck with them. they are also an authorized Spartan Service Center. They have a booth at the Hershey Show. paul
Old 08-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #26

Hi folks: newbie here, in fact my first post here. Got my eye on a KSDP 3960, and in fact Monday this week I took the tour in Napanee. What a great facility! No 3960's around, though.

Now here's the rub: I live out West, Washington State. Very few dealers this way, hard to line some up to compete for a bid. What do you all think about dealing 3000 miles away -- maybe a Grand Rapids dealer?

Why is it such a good thing to take the factory delivery, considering the chunk of cash they ask for it? I know, that way no leadfooted clown races my new rig out here, but are there other considerations?

Thanks.
Graham, just getting started here!
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #27

Graham, try Bretz in Missoula-hard to beat(especially if you know what you want-just ask for best price) you can do everything over internet and/or phone.

You will save money picking it up in Montana vs going to the factory. You can always plan a trip there later if necessary. Most issues will not appear until you have put some miles on the coach-so unless you have time at the factory it may not be worth the trip.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dav5942:
try Bretz in Missoula-hard to beat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the quick reply Dav5942. I'd thought about Bretz, but have heard some really nasty stories out of them, though not regarding Newmars.

Graham is offline   Reply With Quote