Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2007, 03:50 AM   #29
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why is it such a good thing to take the factory delivery, considering the chunk of cash they ask for it? I know, that way no leadfooted clown races my new rig out here, but are there other considerations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The advantage of factory delivery is that any and all issues can be taken care of.

No waiting for parts at the dealer, and the dealer may be able to or want to attempt repairs.

Like posted above, not all issues will be immediately known.

I would take factory delivery next time.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:08 AM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Graham:
Hi folks: newbie here, in fact my first post here. Got my eye on a KSDP 3960, and in fact Monday this week I took the tour in Napanee. What a great facility! No 3960's around, though.

Now here's the rub: I live out West, Washington State. Very few dealers this way, hard to line some up to compete for a bid. What do you all think about dealing 3000 miles away -- maybe a Grand Rapids dealer?

Why is it such a good thing to take the factory delivery, considering the chunk of cash they ask for it? I know, that way no leadfooted clown races my new rig out here, but are there other considerations?

Thanks.
Graham, just getting started here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding is that Guaranty in OR has dropped HR Monoaco to be able to carry the full Newmar line. You might want to check it out. I have friend who buys CC's from them and thinks their good dealer.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:47 AM   #31
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My understanding is that Guaranty in OR has dropped HR Monoaco to be able to carry the full Newmar line. You might want to check it out. I have friend who buys CC's from them and thinks their good dealer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ecker is correct.....Last time I was in Nappanee the big wigs from sales and service in Nappanee had flown out to "meet and greet" the folks at Guaranty.

Also....the coaches in Gillette at the International Rally were there "on loan" from Guaranty's allocation of "ordered for stock" coaches...

I was able to meet one of their sales guys....pretty nice fella.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now here's the rub: I live out West, Washington State. Very few dealers this way, hard to line some up to compete for a bid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
GRAHAM: First let me say WELCOME to iRV2.com where you can find all sorts of good info about all things RV.

You may want to include Giant RV, a multi-location west coast dealer(800) 363-9445. I'm not sure which of their 6-7 locations carries the Newmar line. Also, don't forget to include Coachlight in Carthage, MO and Lee's RV City in Oklahoma City on your short list because they are top notch Newmar dealers who sell a LOT of coaches to people all over the US. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:23 AM   #33

I am sitting in Albequrque NM and I am picking up my new Allstar from Aloha RV this morning. So far, they have been the nicest people to deal with. I negotiated a very good deal (over 26% off MSRP) and they have been friendly and helpful on every call.

I believe that the size of the dealer is not the question you should ask. Sales is not about size. Sales is about people. Find a dealership that you relate well to the people then work on the price.

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:28 AM   #34
Administrator Emeritus

Sales is indeed about people as well, but historically those folks that are "price" buyers have been able to get the "best price" at a dealer who turns a lot of product...

Congrats on the new arrival, hope you'll start a topic and keep us posted!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats Nathan have a good PDI and post some pics of your MH.
Now you can have some good Newmar KARMA added under your name.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #36

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan Focht:
I am sitting in Albequrque NM and I am picking up my new Allstar from Aloha RV this morning. So far, they have been the nicest people to deal with. I negotiated a very good deal (over 26% off MSRP) and they have been friendly and helpful on every call.

I believe that the size of the dealer is not the question you should ask. Sales is not about size. Sales is about people. Find a dealership that you relate well to the people then work on the price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats on the new rig Nathan! You might be getting an email from me in a week or two asking for pics to help the wife and I decide on what model we are going to go with

Good luck!

2008 Saturn Vue
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #37

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You may want to include Giant RV, a multi-location west coast dealer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giant RV will not be a Newmar dealer starting with the 2008 models. They told us this when we tried to order one. We were told LaMesa RV will be the new Southern CA dealership.

We just ordered a 2008 KSDP 3624 from Lee's RV in OK City. Very good price and they have a good overall reputation. Can't wait to get it!
Dennis Fineran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #38
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Dennis & Jackie, welcome to iRV2, and the Newmar family.

Come back and visit us often.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Dennis & Jackie to the Newmar forum and irv2.
Congrats on your soon to be new Newmar many safe and happy miles ahead.
You can spend some time here asking questions on your new KSDP to shorten the wait time.
Enjoy the forum and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #40

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We just ordered a 2008 KSDP 3624 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Congrats on your purchase. Keep us posted about all your experiences with it. You purchased from a great dealer. You will be very pleased with their service. Paul
Old 08-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #41

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Giant RV will not be a Newmar dealer starting with the 2008 models. They told us this when we tried to order one. We were told LaMesa RV will be the new Southern CA dealership.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I hadn't heard this. Giant RV quickly became the #2 Newmar dealer in the country after they got the line a couple of years ago. I'm not a LaMesa RV fan and am surprised Newmar is doing business with them again.

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star
Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #42
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wow, I hadn't heard this. Giant RV quickly became the #2 Newmar dealer in the country after they got the line a couple of years ago. I'm not a LaMesa RV fan and am surprised Newmar is doing business with them again.

Jeff Regan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's two of us!!