RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
cwg

I read recently on another forum that Lee Litchfield of Lee's RV in Oklahoma had posted that Newmar had informed him that chassis were no longer available for new Essex orders. He stated further that then he had received another email notice that Newmar would honor any Essex orders received by 5:00PM Nappanee time Thursday. Better get your order in fast with your local dealer!

Lee lamented that he had several deals working that might not get put together in time.

cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
cwg

I read recently on another forum that Lee Litchfield of Lee's RV in Oklahoma had posted that Newmar had informed him that chassis were no longer available for new Essex orders. He stated further that then he had received another email notice that Newmar would honor any Essex orders received by 5:00PM Nappanee time Thursday. Better get your order in fast with your local dealer!

Lee lamented that he had several deals working that might not get put together in time.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:40 AM   #3

Boy , I'm sure glad I got mine early. Only hope for purchasers after will be to find a unit in stock perhaps.

Peter
Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 AM   #4
cwg

Boy , I'm sure glad I got mine early. Only hope for purchasers after will be to find a unit in stock perhaps.
------------------------------------------------

Some of the side commentary is that the demand for the high end coaches is helping buoy up the price on used units. There is apparently more demand than anticipated as evidenced by Rebelsbeach's comments that Northtrail RV sold all of their Essex units at last week's supershow.

And as many of you have mentioned, some of the demand is due to purchasers trying to get in under the wire before the new emmission regs force the higher price of engines.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:03 AM   #5

I don't think the $5-10k additional cost will effect a Essex buyer!
dockqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:23 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Belated welcome to irv2 and the Newmar forum "dockqueen" missed you first time around.
Enjoy the forums and DO post often.

Congrats on your new ATME and when you want some KARMA let us know. Just below in your profile where this is inputed you can post your coach and tow info.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Some other comments relative to motorhome sales....

North Trail did in fact sell EVERY Essex and all but one of the MADP's...
They also took a factory order for an LADP...

My salesman himself sold 7 units and then has another 4 customers he is working on....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #8

If North Trail sold all their inventory, they somehow dug up an Essex and a Londonaire for the Pelican Lake show. Unless, perhaps Bob, they have delayed delivery of your Londonaire!
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Not sure about the Essex, but they were to get the London Aire that was on display at Internantional in Essex Junction,VT
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cwg:
------------------------------------------------

Some of the side commentary is that the demand for the high end coaches is helping buoy up the price on used units. There is apparently more demand than anticipated as evidenced by Rebelsbeach's comments that Northtrail RV sold all of their Essex units at last week's supershow.

And as many of you have mentioned, some of the demand is due to purchasers trying to get in under the wire before the new emmission regs force the higher price of engines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's going to be interesting to look back in 18-24 months and see what impact the buying hysteria caused mainly by the switch to ULSD and the new emissions has had in the market. The price increase in 2002 for the new emissions changes were roughly equal to those of this year i.e. $5000. There wasn't a significant emotional response that year.

(The MSRP of end units will be the usual 3-4% ($15,000-$20,000 for an Essex) plus the $5000)

Folks buying the older engines are trading off the "normal" product improvements that are in the 2007 engines sans emissions changes and some of these will be important to operational reliability. (2007 engines are the 2002/2004 base engine versions with the addition of the add on emissions equipmenti.e. they are not major internal re designs) In adddition, the use of USLD from day one will mean the usual problems of sulfur components in crankcases,etc will be non-exisitent thus providing longer life for bearings, piston rings and bushings. Then will come the possible or should I say probable issue of a requirement to do a retrofit of these old engines to meet the new emission stds before resale is permitted in states like CA and those that adopt there stds. Cummins says the 2007 engines will meet or exceed thier exiting stds for economy, dependability and reliabilty based upon millions of miles tested here and in Europe.
So, will a year 2007 MH model lose its normal depreciation vs a 2008 and maybe have some added value because of improvements in operation ??

BTW- the new ISB engine all ready is certified for 2010 emissions.