Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #1

Last Newmar fifth wheel

I took the factory tour Friday and saw the last two Newmar 5ers coming down the line. Sad thing to see but the guide explained that they only sold 30 all of last year so I guess it was inevitable. Building 3 motorhomes a day right now and they are all 2013s as the lat 2012 was in the lot waiting for delivery.

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #2

Very sad , they build a great product. I guess with the cost of a high end unit plus needing a heavy duty hauler people are opting for a motorhome.
Loved our DS gasser but cannot get the amazing space and floorplans available in a fiver.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newmars decision just didn't have the market.
With the amount of traffic on forum dealing with DP owners I sometimes wonder if GAS coach's may suffer the same event, we are now down to one chassis Ford and Workhorse is no longer in the market.
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So sorry to hear that they are dropping out of the 5er market. They built a great trailer.

Ken
Old 06-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";1205927][B][URL="http://newmarcorp.com/towable-products
Newmars decision[/URL][/B] just didn't have the market.
With the amount of traffic on forum dealing with DP owners I sometimes wonder if GAS coach's may suffer the same event, we are now down to one chassis Ford and Workhorse is no longer in the market.
You are probably correct, but I hope not, that would put Newmar out of reach for me and many others financially. In the end, the market will dictate their production.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Gas powered Newmar coaches will be around for a long time. They are selling well and that is all that matters. Sales = continued investment. No or poor sales = extinction.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #7

I agree with Gary. Half the 12 units on the production line Friday were gas coaches, so I think they ate going to be around for sure.

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar