Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #1

Latest mods and thoughts after use

Finally got the coach out on the road again after extensive changes in some systems and thought I'd give my impression on them.

Sanicon Turbo:
Had the original Sanicon with the smaller discharge hose and thought it did a great job, but was quite slow in emptying the tanks. Installed the Turbo 400 (direct twist on which I documented in a previous post) and WOW, this thing is MUCH faster and makes the job easy and clean. With direct hookup and bottom discharge, there's no "leftovers" in the hose or pipes.

Koni Evo shocks:
Following the lead of DSDon and others here, I ordered a set for the front and installed them about a month ago but didn't get to drive the coach till now. The ride is much much better. Smoother over potholes and RR tracks, and on a smooth road, I can barely tell we're moving. Small trade off is a bit less "planted" feeling when turning due to softer valving I suspect, but I think most wouldn't notice. Great mod!

SeeLevel tank monitor:
Replaced the original 1/3 2/3 original monitor with a SeeLevel (non bluetooth) panel and added one in the wet bay. It sure is nice to actually know what the tank levels are instead of guessing with the original system. Very easy install. Only 3 wires, I think the original had something like 20. With all the issues lately with tank monitor systems posted here, I would think this is a no brainer.

Improved outside TV mount and New Shield Triple A anti glare film:
Really got to try this out yesterday with afternoon sun cutting across the screen. I've got the TV tilted down as far as I can go and still have clearance to close the lid. I'm happy to say the anti reflective screen works as advertised. Does seem to slightly cut the brightness and sharpness of the screen, but not enough to really notice. A small price to pay to actually be able to use the TV during the day. The new mount really gives a lot more freedom to angle the set if needed. Thanks to Neal for finding that gem!

There are quite a few other things I've done since our last trip like removal of the dishwasher and converting to storage area and other additions for convenience and usability that make our coach our own. Many thanks to all here who contribute to our sickness. Can't wait to get the Active Air installed..
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would like to see how you installed your Sanicon. Any issues with routing the exit hose?
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Koni Evo shocks:
Following the lead of DSDon and others here, I ordered a set for the front and installed them about a month ago but didn't get to drive the coach till now. The ride is much much better. Smoother over potholes and RR tracks, and on a smooth road, I can barely tell we're moving. Small trade off is a bit less "planted" feeling when turning due to softer valving I suspect, but I think most wouldn't notice. Great mod!

Is there a “best source” for the Koni’s? I think they may be my next investment.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I would like to see how you installed your Sanicon. Any issues with routing the exit hose?
Here's the original thread
Old 10-15-2018, 09:30 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Glad to see the shocks were an improvement. They'll be going on my new coach right away.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
Koni Evo shocks:

Is there a “best source” for the Koni’s? I think they may be my next investment.
Think I bought mine at Shock Warehouse. Might be cheaper elsewhere tho. Sorry, I don't have the part number as the paperwork is at home. Don was just shopping for some, maybe he's found a deal.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
Think I bought mine at Shock Warehouse. Might be cheaper elsewhere tho. Sorry, I don't have the part number as the paperwork is at home. Don was just shopping for some, maybe he's found a deal.
TO EVERYONE:
Would it make sense to set up a separate section under this Newmar owners group that is dedicated solely to mods? That way, this of us interested in mods could find what others have done more easily.
Just a thought.
FullTime2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #8

I got our Koni EVO shocks at Ultra RV Products. I did not use Shock Warehouse because of bad customer service reviews on this site, but I have had no direct experience with them.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I got our Koni EVO shocks at Ultra RV Products. I did not use Shock Warehouse because of bad customer service reviews on this site, but I have had no direct experience with them.
I saw that AFTER I bought from them. Actually, no complaints. Got the shocks in about 4 days.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #10

You will be very impressed with them! Did you just get fronts or all four? I had never, ever, noticed anything about the rear shocks on our coach because the front was so under-damped, but after the improvement with replacing just the fronts, I can, maybe(?), start to feel a little (very little) extra bounce from the rear suspension. I would love to hear someone's experience with replacing all four.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #11

for all you guys that changed the front shocks, do you have any suggestions in the process since I've never changed shocks on a motorhome before. Getting tired of having my eye teeth rattled by the harsh ride and would love to change to the Koni's
Old 10-16-2018, 05:49 AM   #12

Depends on the chassis, but the IFS Freightliber chassis is very easy to change. Took me about 30 min start to finish. Air up the suspension, put the feet down, some will like to block the frame, one nut on the top pin and another on the bottom. Easy
Old 10-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #13

Thanks for the reply..much appreciated!

Tags
test