Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Leaking gas when filling

I'm not sure this is the correct place for this post but when I'm filling the gas tank I get gas dripping. (Wokhorse W22) Last year I replace the vent hose as it was all rotted but I still have a leak. Upon inspection yesterday I can see an area on the tank from below that has stained the tank. It's dry now as we have been sitting in our spot for a couple of months. I looked at the hoses where attached to the tank and everything appears OK. I thought possibly the filler hose might be starting to rot but it looks fine. When I grab and move the hoses there is a scent of gas. ???? I'm wondering if there is a hole on the top of the tank???? I should say if I fill slowly it doesn't leak but if I have the filler on a medium or high flow it starts to drip. I'm at a loss, any ideas???? Thanks, Steve

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
With your tank low in gas I would have someone drop it and see what is going on the hose where it enters the tank maybe rotten as your vent tube was or the clamp needs replacement.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just had to take another look and glad that I did. What a surprise to find the stainless clamp around the fuel hose broken. Looking at the installation you sure wouldn't have thought that as the fuel line was tight and the stanless clamp around it seemed to have the hose tight the way it looked. Well, I put a wrench to the screw head to maybe give it a tightening and all it did was spin. Luckily when i spun it in the reverse direction it did loosen and come off. So now it's off to the auto store for a new clamp and the fight to put it on, as there is not much room to work with. Sure hope this stops the dripping fuel when filling the tank but I surely can't now see what else could be the problem.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, leak