Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #29

Thanks for the update Dave!

Getting the water pump off e-plex is my summer project. I intend to keep the existing water pump buttons working (kitchen and bathroom) as they are very convenient. I will also add a new switch to the wet bay.

I have the parts and some idea what to do. Will figure it out as I get into the project.

Interesting info about running the sensor wiring. I have trouble imagining how you ran the wires with the AC units still in place. Zone 2 looks easy as I also have the dish antenna mounted and the wires drop into the pantry.

PS. Don't get too comfortable with your new 5-button controller. Your ACs, as are mine, are close to aging out. When one of mine fails, I will replace all 3 and get the new 10 button controller. Its my understanding that the 10-button controller is much better.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2018, 04:53 AM   #30

Thanks for the update!

FWIW, my original sensors are about 2 degrees off (as measured with an IR gun aimed at sensor vs. "inside temp" button on CCC2). Close enough.

If I was redesigning our coach, I'd put all of the rooftop sensors in return vents. The center ceiling temp is much closer to average interior temp than a "hot wall" temp.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
Thanks for the update Dave!

Getting the water pump off e-plex is my summer project. I intend to keep the existing water pump buttons working (kitchen and bathroom) as they are very convenient. I will also add a new switch to the wet bay.

I have the parts and some idea what to do. Will figure it out as I get into the project.

Interesting info about running the sensor wiring. I have trouble imagining how you ran the wires with the AC units still in place. Zone 2 looks easy as I also have the dish antenna mounted and the wires drop into the pantry.

PS. Don't get too comfortable with your new 5-button controller. Your ACs, as are mine, are close to aging out. When one of mine fails, I will replace all 3 and get the new 10 button controller. Its my understanding that the 10-button controller is much better.
It doesn't actually work better than the 5-button but, feaure-wise, it's a big improvement. The lighting is bright, the numbers are big, and the ability to read inside temp is really nice. It also has a diagnostic mode.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #32

Anyone still around that can help me make the Eplex to 5 button conversion? My first issue is after plugging in the new 5 button it will only turn on zone 1. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
RagzRidez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #33

The first time using the new controller requires a controller reset. The procedure involves holding some buttons while the controller powers up. The procedure is in the manual or you can search IRV2.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:47 AM   #34

Thanks! I got it to recognize my zones. So far so good! It turn out it was a bad connection on the rj-11 connection on the second unit.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:13 AM   #35

Eplex control of the heat exchangers.

Looking at the wiring of the Oasis I got from Newmar and extensively reading through everyones tips and tricks on their conversion how are you moving the relay closures for each heat exchanger zones to an analog solution.

Thanks

RichardJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:47 PM   #36

I cannot explain oasis, as I have a hydrohot. But these heating systems are standalone units and work with dometic controllers. Eplex talks to the heating system using the same protocol as the dometic controller.

Your oasis system doesn't know whether it is controlled by eplex or a dometic controller.

I suspect the 2008 mtn aire also has oasis, but no eplex.

If you are migrating away from eplex, your goal is to make your Essex function like a mtn aire
Old 11-27-2019, 06:18 AM   #37

I'm down to running my sensors. Anyone routed them through the air return? I don't see an easy way to do that.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #38

I described how I routed my sensors here

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/e-pl...af-469519.html
Old 11-28-2019, 06:43 AM   #39

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #40

A month or two ago my Eplex Controller above the driver seat shorted overnight and left me stranded. I ordered a new one (we all know the cost) and after wiring in the new "upgraded" module it immediately showed "Short Detected" so then spent hours with Newmar and Eplex on the phone/email.

After reading this thread and a couple others I am now going to eliminate the board. It has worked for a week or so and then show another "Short Detected". I just unplug the first pigtail on the new system let ePlex reboot and then hook it back in and everything is fine for another week or so.

However, the problem is when I have my dog in the motorbus with me not around or during the night and loose all A/C's. Any further advice/help of something that might have been missed will be greatly appreciated! WISH ME LUCK!
jbhtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #41

I followed star steps provided here of putting in a 5 button thermostat. Plugged it in, did the “reboot/programming” and BAMN! It read all sensors, every zone, etc. I would have had to spend $1,000’s of dollars taking it somewhere and having this done. But thanks to all you kind folks on here I pulled out what tools I have and used your advice and it’s working!

Now the next step includes water pump, inverter controller, see level, and generator control. Again... THANK YOU!!!
jbhtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:57 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhtex View Post
I followed star steps provided here of putting in a 5 button thermostat. Plugged it in, did the “reboot/programming” and BAMN! It read all sensors, every zone, etc. I would have had to spend $1,000’s of dollars taking it somewhere and having this done. But thanks to all you kind folks on here I pulled out what tools I have and used your advice and it’s working!

Now the next step includes water pump, inverter controller, see level, and generator control. Again... THANK YOU!!!

jbhtex,

I know this thread is months old but I have to ask what are the "star steps provided here" in your last post.

Thanks,

Wayne

Tags
dometic