Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #1

Wink Lever alarm volume

In this 2015 Ventana I have when I go to level the coach, the alarm is so loud we need the stand outside the coach until it has completed. I went through the chassis manual and could not find anything. It is the auto leveling system which automatically dumps the air system before it extends the landing legs.

Any help is appreciated,

Les Wood
leswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Les,

The HWH alarm horn is hanging by two wires under the dash left of the steering column. It was designed to come with a shutter so you can adjust the volume. If you have yours...great. If, like mine, Newmar threw out the shutter...you are stuck on that volume setting.

It drives us all crazy...esp. pets with super sensitive hearing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	95D2B16F-8C0E-4078-9067-C1FBE157FEF4.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	242418  
Old 04-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #3

We also have a ‘15 Ventana. The only alarms that sound for us are if we have the engine running AND: 1) we have a low pressure warning in our brake lines, and/or 2) The jacks are extended, and/or 3) I didn’t fully retract my foot rest before orienting my captains chair to drive. When we are leveling the coach, the engine is off, and I am plugged into shore power (or the generator is running).

If your engine isn’t running, you might have a sensor for one of the above items that is acting up. In any case, I’ve never felt the need to exit the coach during the above operations due to noise level of an alarm. Of course, I am an old guy and my wife complains that I don’t hear her when she asks me a question.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
TDL

Do you have the key in the “on” position or accessory position. If I recall correctly there should not be an alarm in the accessory position.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Find the alarm and tape over the opening until the sound is reasonable.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #6

This is no alarm if you have the key in the accessory position. Which is the correct position.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I can't believe how timely this question is. Thank you OP!

I was doing my walkthru yesterday on my NA and that alarm went off until 175PSI was reached. The guy in charge of my walkthru gave me the tough love look and told me it is what it is.

I too find it crazy loud and a few minutes feels like 30. First thought was 'new procedure' - put dog in car before ever doing that. She freaks at the fire alarm when I cook and this is just as loud but lasts longer.

I tried some quick google searching but was not using the right key words. I thought I was totally screwed. Thank you for giving me some hope that I could use some ingenuity to muffle the sound at least.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am working on a cutout switch...(latching relay) that will give you the ability to cancel the horn.

The video looks somewhat sucessful...the problem was Newmar's horn is not 12vdc+ switched. It's constant power and switched 12vdc-. The 12vdc- switching isn't a clean enough signal route to hold an electromechanical relay. When I have time...I will prototype an electronic circuit using ICs to do the same thing.

They way is should work is...Noise siunds...you push the button, the noise goes away, but the led ring stays lit until the alarm condition is rectified. Then the led goes out and the relay is unlatched so that the next time an alarm is triggered, you will hear it. My prototype was depending on the positive to be the alarm source switching..since it's not...I have to cycle the key to get the relay unswitched... Not fit for distribution until I solve this little detail.

https://youtu.be/RBMaEOQACwo

Eventually, I would like one button for the HWH, and one for the Air System.