Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #1

Just got off the road after my first night driving with our new '07DSDP. I noticed that the rocker switches on the dash are not illuminated (such as "step cover" "door unlock." Should they be? I've looked through the Spartan manual and the basic Newmar book and can't find any reference. I've also looked for an override switch or knob and can't find one.

Any help appreciated.
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #2

Just got off the road after my first night driving with our new '07DSDP. I noticed that the rocker switches on the dash are not illuminated (such as "step cover" "door unlock." Should they be? I've looked through the Spartan manual and the basic Newmar book and can't find any reference. I've also looked for an override switch or knob and can't find one.

Any help appreciated.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #3

I believe the "pianno" rocker switches to the right should be lite. The adjustment you may be looking for may be a small riostate knob usually located to the right and below the headlight switch.
Anyway, there are '07 DSDP owners here that can probably direct you better than I.

"Earth to Scott. Earth to Scott, come in Scott."

Peter
Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I don't believe they are lit. I am not in a position to try it out right now but, the DW and I concur that they are not lit. The genset, dock lights and OH Fan switches have a small bar that lights when they are in the on position.

There is a riostat switch to the right of the headlight switch which controls the rest of the dash.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:27 AM   #5

To; bcook57

On my 02 the switches mentioned are lit and the intensity is part of the headlight switch, reo-stat, clock-wise to increase.

May-be your rig is the same,

Hope this info helps.

-- Aime--
Old 11-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #6

Hi Bob,

We also just parked tonight from our first night driving experience. Those switches are lighted on our coach. What you might check is just to the right of the headlight switch is a round dial which changes the intensity of the dash lights. When turned lower, those lights do seem to fade more, so maybe you just need to adjust. Good luck!!
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:16 AM   #7

I checked with Newmar and the rocker switches should be lighted. I've tried all of the knobs to adjust brightness and it doesn't fix the problem, so I'll check it out with the dealer.
B.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry to have been mistaken on this. I just checked and they are lighted. They also dim and brighten w/the reostat next to the light switch.

This is somewhat off topic but, I still owe Bob (rebelsbeach) a cocktail for this fact. The map light on the driver's side will come on only when you spin the light switch until you feel the detent. Of course the light itself has to be switch on too.

BY the way why is there a maplight on the driver's side? I do not want to be on the road w/someone using the maplight while driving.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:44 AM   #9

Theres a map light on each side, Scott. That's why they have individual on/off local switches, otherwise you would have both going on when you lite them using the rotation of the headlamp switch. Geeeez, is it that easy to get a cocktail?

Peter
Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Peter, it's apparently NOT that easy as he said he still OWES me one....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Actually I have a separate switch on passenger side for the map light. There is no switch for driver side. Have to turn headlight plunger switch.

They operate independently of each other, at least on my coach. Given that they operated differently, I couldn't figure it out on the driver side.

And Peter, I owe many people on this forum, especially you, a cocktail and/or a lunch. But that's OK. It takes much less effort to push me up to the bar than it does away from the table.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #12

My map lights are controlled separate. The driver's has it's own switch on the base and, providing it is on, can be controlled via the headlamp knob. The passenger one has two switches, one in the arm rest cluster and the other on the base of the goose neck.

Bob, We had better move quick. Once Scott buys that new MADP it'll be The Golden Arches and CoolAid only.

Peter
Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I owe many people on this forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Scott! What am I? Chopped Liver? Paul