Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Hi Ed,

Just thought I'd throw in my experience with North Trail.

We purchased our 3740 at NT. We carved out an acceptable deal with them. When we scheduled service with them, we had to schedule 30 to 60 days in advance. They did not restrict us to the number of items on our fixit list. However, the did not always get all the items fixed. One time, the service tech ran the living room slide into the drivers seat ripping the leather- they replaced the leather at their cost.

Overall I'd say they are average when it comes to service, except for the long lead in time for appointments. They have sold many more RVs than they can service.

When we decided to get our DSDP we went back to NT and to the same salesman to work out a deal. The deal they offered us was completely unacceptable. We were $75,000 dollars apart! I actually thought they were pulling my leg and when I attempted to continue dealing, they were not interested! So we went to Travel Easy RV in Okeechobee (sp?), FL and in short order struck an acceptable deal.

While the price was right, Travel Easy RV's service is poor. I had my DSDP up there twice to fix issues and they just cannot get things done right. They have constant employee turn over and only 1 master RV mechanic that tries to watch over 3 or 4 other guys that have little idea of what to do next.

So my advice to you Ed, is to buy from NT if service is not high on your list or buy from Travel Easy if you are not interested in service at all! Otherwise, continue your search for a dealer that can provide both, I'm sure there is one out there somewhere.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #16

HI, I am new to the Newmar products but must say I am one happy camper. I purchased a 2004 Mountain Aire fifth wheel about six months ago and would like to add how pleased I am with it. The unit came with a few problems which I knew about. I proceeded to contact Newmar and set up a time to repair all. I was greeted with open arms and no hesitation at all when setting up the appoinment for repairs. I understand this thread relates to dealers but I just wanted to say how great the factory service was and in the future any repairs needed will be done in Nappanee, even though it is a fourteen hour drive one way. I will say while in Tampa back in Jan, I needed a new water filter housing because of my neglect during the winterization process and found Independence RV very willing and knowledgeable in the parts department.

JMHO

David

Old 04-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Otherwise, continue your search for a dealer that can provide both, I'm sure there is one out there somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi there, TERRY! Thanks for your comments. Sounds like quality Newmar service is hard to come by over there. Have you tried Independance on Colonial in Orlando?? We went there "looking" last month, but did not see their service area, so can't comment on that. They did have an impressive inventory out back and the front lot was loaded with plenty of Essex.

When we bought our 3740, we first saw one at Dixie RV in Hammond, La. Their idea of a "good deal" and my idea of a fair price were about $17,000 apart. We ordered our coach from Leisure Tyme in Pensacola with just one visit there, and their service after the sale has been acceptable. I think they have received recognition from Newmar for servicing "transient" owners, so if you are ever headed this way you may want to check them out.

My absolute best service experience was at Lee's RV City in OK. City, OK. I called about ten days before I was going to be "passing thru" their area to ask if I could come there to get the LR slideout gearmotor replaced under warranty. They never even asked where I bought from, and they ordered the necessary part prior to my arrival to expedite my repairs. I did have to tell them I had already conferred with Newmar about getting the defective (it was leaking oil) part replaced, but Lee's RV City did it all at no cost to me. They also allowed me to stay at the dealership (connected to their utilities) on the night before my early morning appointment, and the night after, since the repairs were completed so late in the day.

Guess which dealership gets the last chance to sell me the next one ED
Old 04-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi there TOTERMAN! WELCOME to iRV2.com We are very glad you joined and look forward to more posts from you as you enjoy the MA 5er. THAT is a beauty in your avatar!!

007 will be along very soon to offer you some of his "home brew"....I mean KARMA. ED
Old 04-05-2006, 07:12 PM   #19

Thanks for the warm welcome

I am looking forward to many good chats and learning from all the knowledge here. I have included my Webshots link for anyone who is interested in looking at some of my handy work building my toter and toter bed.

Thanks David
Old 04-06-2006, 05:34 AM   #20
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome David to irv2 and congratulations on your new Newmar to you
You came to the right place for a little Karma to make you offical on the Newmar Owners Forum. I think you will be the first 5th owner if you say ok. You have a great set up and your 5th look like its new and in good shape. Your toy you pull it with is something also. We have an RVer from Texas has trac pulling Air Stream TT. Enjoy the forums and let me know about Karma and I will fill you in. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #21

Fill me in on this Karma thing? I know Don from East Texas very well.

Update, I went back and did a little reading, so hit me with some Karma

Thanks David
Old 04-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There ya go David welcome aboard. "007"
Old 04-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #23

Thanks 007 for the Karma, I think I can feel it working

Do we get many post's from the fifth wheel Gang, I have not seen too much?

I joined the Klub as well, so I am planning on attending a few events with them this year.

Thanks David
Old 04-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #24
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know there are some on irv2 but they must stay in hiding you are the first with Newmar forum heading maybe that will bring some out, I have tried to bring them out before, they have some roomy rigs and same appliances as we have in Newmar MH's must never have a problem. We are all in the same Newmar family and I think they have just as good rig as we MH's have. "007"