Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #29

JMonroe; On the hot water, several people with single lever shower faucets found issues with the faucet causing lack of hot water.

As to the other difference between Aquahot and Oasis: Aquahot has a 16 gallon tank and Oasis uses a 8 gallon tank.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
PDR John,

Is this caused by the anti-scald valve in the shower assembly or something else?

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4Work View Post
PDR John,

Is this caused by the anti-scald valve in the shower assembly or something else?

Bill

Very well could be, my model doesn't have one so I don't know what effect they have.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
JMonroe,

Happened to see your post and specifically #8. Just experienced the loud bang or pop a number of weeks ago while turning and backing up. Could not find anything loose or out of order. The loose pump was causing yours? BTW never did it again. Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-20-2016, 06:10 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.O View Post
JMonroe,

Happened to see your post and specifically #8. Just experienced the loud bang or pop a number of weeks ago while turning and backing up. Could not find anything loose or out of order. The loose pump was causing yours? BTW never did it again. Thanks,
Dave
So far, from Nappanee to Dayton OH, no recurrence of the pop, but I'm not prepared to say its gone until I've got more miles behind us.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I hope you folks's banging/popping is not THIS.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.O View Post
JMonroe,

Dave
Dave,
we had that loud bang on our Spartan,every time we did a tight turn either left or right,I thought it was the gen exhaust pipe banging ...it turned out to be the same thing that the op on here had a defective Bell Crank.....look for the post on here for a King Aire....his broke off completely...mine was change in time ,Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I've got an appointment at the Spartan factory for after the IRV2 rally. They'll go over the chassis and suspension at that time.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 06-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I've got an appointment at the Spartan factory for after the IRV2 rally. They'll go over the chassis and suspension at that time.
this was our second time at Spartan factory..with 2 different coaches....I wasn't impressed or satisfied with them this time at all.
Had an appointment to do front end alignment;install 2 new steer tires;Check the loud banging noise on sharp turns;and do 44 pt inspection....They seemed behind and at 4:10pm..called me and said they did the alignment and mounted the tires but they got started on it late
Asked about the banging noise and 44 pt inspection...tech said he'd check the noise and see about the inspection...
Well,he changed out the bell crank..said he did the inspection ,they then charged me for another person's parts..which didn't see til next day(Saturday) and had to call straighten out that bill
4 Days later stuck in spartan shop with leak in radiator and an air leak..so much for the 44 pt inspection.....Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #38

Freightliner Owners Club
J Monroe
Did you complete all 5 days of your factory delivery and then return for your service appointment?
How many days did you set up for your service appointment after your factory delivery?
freen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Chuck,

Thanks. Will check out. Fortunately I have a Cummins Coach Care service center here in Milwaukee that is also a Spartan service center.

Dave O
Old 06-23-2016, 06:23 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by freen03 View Post
J Monroe
Did you complete all 5 days of your factory delivery and then return for your service appointment?
How many days did you set up for your service appointment after your factory delivery?
We did take advantage of all five days available to us at time of delivery.

I hadn't specified any amount of time when I requested the follow up service appointment but as it turned out, we were there a week. I already have half a dozen items on our list for September too.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 06-23-2016, 12:11 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRL View Post
X2 re why Spartan over FL.
Not wanting to re-hash old news, but I did learn something today that relates to this topic.
The DW and I are getting close, in looking over options for a 2017 Newmar, we have a choice of either Spartan or FL and both are same $$.

Looking at the specs on a 2017 Dutch Star, it seems to have more truck under it than any other coach in it's price range. Front axle rating is 19K lbs., front tire size is 365's, has a steerable tag on all models. We LOVE the comfort drive, I have yet to meet any owner that would go back to working while driving. I love the insulated basement in Newmars, quieter going down the highway.
I asked the sales guy why Spartan was an upcharge on the 2016's but same price as FL on the 2017. I wanted to know what was taken out.
He explained to me FL buys tires, wheels, Transmissions, axles ect. for the entire Daimler division under 1 umbrella. The only way Spartan could compete with FL for the Newmar product was to cut into profits. He then went on to say most people are ordering FL anyway.
According to sales guy: FL has a much broader network for service, their IFS is now on it's most improved 3rd generation, the tag turns 12 degrees compared to 10, and the FL tag locks in at 20 MPH compared to 45 for Spartan.
It makes me wonder what Spartan has that would compete??????
I have no horse in this race, I just want whats best on the next one, I believe I have my answer......
jmon129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon129 View Post
According to sales guy: FL has a much broader network for service, their IFS is now on it's most improved 3rd generation, the tag turns 12 degrees compared to 10, and the FL tag locks in at 20 MPH compared to 45 for Spartan...

It makes me wonder what Spartan has that would compete??????
I've discussed the functional differences between the two chassis in at least a couple different threads so I won't rehash them here.

The key statement in your post I've put in italics: "According to sales guy".

Go to the Spartan web page and do a search for authorized service centers. I suspect you'll find one near anywhere you might be. As I mentioned before, they may not have "Spartan" on the sign, but I've had excellent service when ever I needed it on our chassis (many Cummins shops, as one example, are also Spartan certified).

Freightliner has made great progress in their motorhome chassis design and manufacturing and I'd not hesitate to buy a new rig based on Freightliner if that's what was available. As for now, however, given a choice I'd go Spartan, sales rep opinions not withstanding.
2024 Ford Expedition