Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
For us, we just liked the workmanship/fit and finish in the LA better. Both great coaches however I must say there is a strong family feel with entegra. Since I am new to Newmar I am hoping there is a family feel there as well.
I agree, the Entegra group on here is a very active and supportive group, it's fun to watch. Once you get your hands on your new London Aire and start posting, I think you will be happy at the nice reception that you will receive here. Since the LA is a new model, you won't have the luxury of experienced owners who have already seen the problem you may be having. There are some extremely experienced posters on here and I think they can figure just about anything out.

Welcome to Newmar, and we can't wait to hear the first impressions of your new coach!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
I agree, the Entegra group on here is a very active and supportive group, it's fun to watch. Once you get your hands on your new London Aire and start posting, I think you will be happy at the nice reception that you will receive here. Since the LA is a new model, you won't have the luxury of experienced owners who have already seen the problem you may be having. There are some extremely experienced posters on here and I think they can figure just about anything out.

Welcome to Newmar, and we can't wait to hear the first impressions of your new coach!!
Thank you! One nice thing there are a lot of items on the LA that are common to other Newmar coaches. I hope that will mean the transition is smooth. I am betting it will be.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:40 AM   #17

One of the main reasons we are going with CS over LA is that the LA is a new model with a new chassis. I do not want a first year coach and everything that I am reading the CS is solid and the two year warranty is especially compelling to us. I know that both manufactures build great coaches so it is hard to go wrong! :-)
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Saw both the LA and KA at North Trail this past wk end. fantastic! i'm going back and forth only due to price points. going to linger for a while as i'm not in a rush. will be interested in seeing more LA posts. This group of writers is awesome. Each loves their own coach yet full supports the others. i am looking forward to being a more full time rv-er for this very reason. it has been the case in the trips we've made and others we've met.
London Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
zman62 here is a new family group on the Newmar forum and here is a older one plus you have the Newmar Kountry Club threads at the top of forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarriere View Post
One of the main reasons we are going with CS over LA is that the LA is a new model with a new chassis. I do not want a first year coach and everything that I am reading the CS is solid and the two year warranty is especially compelling to us. I know that both manufactures build great coaches so it is hard to go wrong! :-)
The Chassis is not new to this model. It was in production prior to the LA and a proven chassis for sure. One of my factors was FL is so much bigger than spartan and tons more service centers. Again as everyone says, they are both great and cant go wrong either way.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Brian View Post
Saw both the LA and KA at North Trail this past wk end. fantastic! i'm going back and forth only due to price points. going to linger for a while as i'm not in a rush. will be interested in seeing more LA posts. This group of writers is awesome. Each loves their own coach yet full supports the others. i am looking forward to being a more full time rv-er for this very reason. it has been the case in the trips we've made and others we've met.
We were in the same boat. My thought was just go to the KA and be done. One of the main differences is the SLR chassis vs the K3-GT on the KA. After talking to FL engineering and comparing I guess I came to a "how much is enough" question. For us we felt the LA would save some money and not too much sacrificing. One of the things I love on the KA is the basement height of 33". I was surprised to see the LA has the same dimension.

Good luck with your decision. Its a tough one.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #22

zman62

You will appreciate the 33" basement height right from the start, much easier to access!!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
zman62

You will appreciate the 33" basement height right from the start, much easier to access!!
Yes we are really looking forward to that. Going from 24" to 33" is a huge jump. When I looked at the LA it was shocking how big the opening was. My head will appreciate it.LOL