Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2016, 09:43 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question Looking at a 2015 Ventana 4037

Looking at a 2015 Ventana 4037, is there any thing I should look out for? It only has 1,292 miles. Have not seen it in person yet, as it is a couple hours away
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My fav floor plan. In a 40' with tag axle. Most excellent configuration.

From private party or dealer? Used or NOS? Services done?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #3

Agree with vsheetz with the questions as this makes a huge difference. We bought as new a 2015 Ventana 4002 in late August if 2015. This is the same exact coach with the half bath on the passenger side and kitchen on the driver's side while your coach is kitchen on passenger side and half bath on the driver's side. We have no regrets and have found this to be an excellent choice. We have 13,000 + miles and are traveling throughout Alaska for another month. We have had relatively few issues, are glad we got the tag axel and love the 400HP Cummins. Either the 4002 or 4037 are the best floor plans for a couple traveling in their retirement in my opinion.
Runaway4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssignor View Post
Looking at a 2015 Ventana 4037, is there any thing I should look out for? It only has 1,292 miles. Have not seen it in person yet, as it is a couple hours away

I have a '15 Ventana, but the 3636 model. We've had it for 11 months now. We traveled and slept in it just over 5 of those months. Logged of over 16k miles and been in 41 USA States and 5 Canadian Provinces. We really love this coach.

I don't know of any issues with the year or the 4037. We were all struggling that year with the correct procedure on deploying the full wall slide. The factory changed their instructions mid production year. One thing you might want to do is make sure that the reveal "the gap between the slides and the body of the coach is roughly even all the way around. You also want to run the slides in and out. Look to see that they move smoothly.

The miles on the coach sound like that is just a bit over the drive from Nappanee to GA. So this might be a coach that has sat on the lot waiting for the right buyer. Check out the tires (they should all be within date range...look for weather cracking). Things like the generator, A/C's, and engine like to run, and should be run at least once a month. There should be some hours on the generator. I have over 160 hours on mine (we don't boondock very much, but I still run the genny every month). Look at the batteries to determine as best that you can that they've been maintained...and didn't freeze.

Newmarpusher had an issue with the hub on his tag. You might search the forum on what he found.

Oh, there was a batch of bad LED's. We haven't experienced any bad lights, but others have reported having Newmar replace all of them. Our coach was built in May of '15.

Best of luck in your search.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:21 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
See if anyone has a 2015 retail order form. That way when you go to look at it...you can see exactly what options and extras, if any were spec'd.

The 4037 is a very popular floorplan. Newmar puts a tag axle on this coach (Not the LE version) which gives you extra weight capacity.

We love our Ventana 4037...but for us, the all-electric version with Oasis hydronic system...8 house batteries, residential fridge, Convection-Microwave, induction cooktop...really makes this like a luxury condo on wheels.

Stacked washer and dryer are an option....but easily added if not installed already.

You may be able to add some options, if you want later,...just helps to know what you are looking at...because each Newmar build is different.

I think it best to go climb around for an hour or so. Look at the room...slide in and out...storage bays...sofa/dinette/recliner,,,as built to see if you like the layout.

It is a pleasure to drive. The seat, armrests, steering wheel can be adjusted. The rear diesel and 6-speed are smooth and quiet. Air suspension, wheel cut, comfort drive. My advice...don't go look at it and especially don't test drive it unless you really think you want to buy it. ��

It does take a few minutes of driving to get "the sight picture" so you can stay in the middle of your lane...if this is your first motorcoach driving experience. And I relied on some good Youtube videos to explain maneuvering, etc....but it really become natural in very little time.

Enjoy your search. Hope that it's laid out the way you want. Let us know what your feelings are after looking/driving the coach...
Old 07-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
My fav floor plan. In a 40' with tag axle. Most excellent configuration.

From private party or dealer? Used or NOS? Services done?
This is used from a non Newmar dealer
Old 07-12-2016, 07:13 AM   #7

My 4037 is a 2014, we have about 10K on it now. Yes, I have had issues, but after spending quite a bit of time working thru them, we are very happy with our coach. If I could do it again, I would have waited for the more floor version... !
Things to check... BATTERIES, Slide outs, awnings, AC units, Tires, Engine fault codes, Complete water system, and do not forget to take a long test drive. In fact, be sure to open it up as though you were setting up camp, great way to learn how things work.
Any questions... send me a PM.
dave
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
This is used from a non Newmar dealer
As previous poster stated, 1200 miles is about the delivery mileage from Newmar plant ?
Would be interesting to know the story of how a brand new coach ended up on a non-Newmar dealers " Used " lot.

Does it have any factory warranty time left ? If you end up purchasing it, I would go thru it with a fine tooth comb and get it back to Newmar for any last minute issues while under warranty.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #9

Having a Blast mentioned an issue with the tag axel on the 2015 Ventana. I searched the forum using both Hub and Tag as search terms and could not find anything. Can you or someone possibly post a link or direct me to the thread. We have a 2015 Ventana about to come off warranty and I recently noticed oil around the passenger side hub on the tag axel. Thanks for all your help an advice.
Runaway4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Sig-

We have "almost" the same floor plan in our '12 and love the bath and a half! The only suggestion I would make is to look long and hard at the extended warranty which may be offered. Yes, the dealer makes a cut, but if you can get the coach for under 200k, it is well worth it. We replaced roof A/C's in the first 10 months for $100.00. Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!!
MrBelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I got the build sheet from Newmar on the coach and have a question. It states 5J760 ALL ELEC-MAYTAG-HYDHEAT-KENYON does this mean Hydronic Heating?
Old 07-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #12

Quote:
I got the build sheet from Newmar on the coach and have a question. It states 5J760 ALL ELEC-MAYTAG-HYDHEAT-KENYON does this mean Hydronic Heating?
You have to have hydronic heating to get an all electric coach.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzee2020 View Post
You have to have hydronic heating to get an all electric coach.

So does your response mean yes this is Hydronic Heating ?
Old 07-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #14
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:

We have that configuration and love it.

There are a million configurations in a Newmar though so it's tough to compare one to another. We have an all electric and many options.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, ventana