Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Looking for Bay Star Sport or Baystar

I am looking for either a used 2016 or new Newmar Bay Star Sport 2903 or Bay Star.

Has anyone ordered from RV One Superstore or Coachlight RV?

How was everything handled?

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:52 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Don't know about coachlight but I would stay far away from RV One.
tdelisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I purchased from on Coachlight and they have done a great job with service. Their price was better than anywhere and I didn't have to play the negotiation game. Dave Roe was my salesman and it was VERY low pressure. I would do it again without thinking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
unw1red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah...we purchased our 3401 last year from their Albany NY store. They were at the Hershey Pa show and we took the bait. I won't bad mouth them as I felt they gave us an ok deal sales wise...however their service dept is somewhat suspect and that is coming from people who know! Now I'm not saying that applies to all their locations! Do your research.
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #5

Recliners replacing sofa in 2901

Some months ago, someone request a photo of my replacement chairs in my BayStar 2901 but I was unable to provide them at the time. Hopefully I can provide a photo. This was shot with the slide in.
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Can you send it again or PM it to me? It didn't show up here.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:42 PM   #7

I am going ahead with RV one, Albany, but only because we found what we wanted there and at a good price. Otherwise I would steer clear. I have found them to be dishonest and very slow to respond to requests.

I requested that the finance manager use ONE and ONLY one lender to either approve or deny my credit, (IOW one inquiry only). They agreed and then turned right around and shotgunned my app out to 5 banks! Now, my credit score will drop. When I confronted them about it, they first tried to defend their actions never once acknowledging that they did anything wrong. I was ultimately approved for less than I requested, but that's not the point. They initially approved me for the full amount with M&T bank. I signed loan docs, disclosures, everything. Then three days later after numerous phone calls they returned my call, breaking the news that the loan, which I was approved for, and signed for was declined. After providing them required documentation, they finally approved me for half of the original amount. What an emotional roller coaster.
The whole process was disappointing and stressful I will never buy from them again

Thankfully we found a new, left over Canyonstar which we love. Outside of that I not pleased with the sales and finance department. And from what I hear, the service department is worse...
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #8

Bay Star Recliner Photo - Lundy

Hi Lundy,
I too would like to see the photo of the conversion in your 2901.
Please send direct if possible or try upload again. Thanks so much.
Woodsguy
Old 05-25-2016, 04:53 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Buddy110, I like your signature. The original quote was, "Whether you think you can or you think you can't; either way you're right".

I used that with students many times.

It was first made by Henry Ford.

Phil
Old 05-25-2016, 05:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Buddy110, I like your signature. The original quote was, "Whether you think you can or you think you can't; either way you're right".

I used that with students many times.

It was first made by Henry Ford.

Phil
Yes, i customized it for two reasons
1. I never think I can't because
2. I know I can
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #11

having trouble uploading photos. I might try to email.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #12

Newbe here, interested in used Baystar or BS Sport. Never had an RV but these look excellent. We are near Phoenix, I see only one dealer, in Mesa. What kind of price does one expect to pay for a "gently used" model? I can't even tell exactly how much they are on the dealer's website, it says "call for prices". Right? Thanks in advance!
thebignewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
Newbe here, interested in used Baystar or BS Sport. Never had an RV but these look excellent. We are near Phoenix, I see only one dealer, in Mesa. What kind of price does one expect to pay for a "gently used" model? I can't even tell exactly how much they are on the dealer's website, it says "call for prices". Right? Thanks in advance!
The correct question might better be how much off of the posted/asking price. Too many unknowns to answer the question as posted. If you find one you are truly interested do an internet search for the make/model/year you are interested in and get a "feeling" for what others are asking for it. Also, come back here and ask those that own one what do they think about your selection. Then if you are still serious walk in with a) a firm written proposal for how much you are willing to pay (good for x time, start with 25-30% off), and b) a check for earnest money. Then let the game begin. Be prepared to walk if they insult your offer.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #14

I agree with wild toad -- too many variables. Buying new is much easier because one can come pretty close to what is the dealer cost. I purchased mine from Livingston RV in Moorpark, CA via an email inquiry. He was good to deal with. I see units similar to mine (2011 BayStar 2901) listed on RV Trader for about $56K. You can probably haggle down to about $100K for a new, better equipped and warranted unit. Some dealers are a lot easier to deal with than others. I considered trading for a new one last year and a Livingston bettered the deal by $17K over a local dealer -- had to go back to make sure we were comparing apples to apples. If I were to place an order for a new one at the 'local' dealer, the price difference would have been even greater because 'my unit would be 2 or 3 months older'. All Livingston was concerned about was what the mileage on my unit would be at the time of delivery and the price would not change.

I can say, that mine is now 5 years old and it has been pretty much trouble free. The floor plan is very livable but I sure wish Newmar would redesign the TV location for easier viewing with my floor plan.