Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
That reminds me of my constant engine coolant lost for ten years.
The leak was very slow and I would just fill coolant tank every 6 months to its cool
level.
Well we found the leak last spring when we had to remount the exhaust manifold because of blown seal and rusty mounting studs.
Out of eight studs to mount the manifold only one turned out easily and that had the coolant leak all other studs had to be drilled out and re-tapped.
With the stud out coolant just squirted out at you.
Glad they found the problem for you like my leak never saw a drip because hot engine just dried the leak up.
Safe travels Renden.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #44

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renden View Post
Thanks y'all My Exhaust break is now back North Trail RV in Ft Myers The fault: faulty and dripping engine coolant sensor, causing 2 codes for low coolant and for a 5 amp fuse blown. Sensor was leaking into connector, was replaced - codes cleared - coolant sensor replaced with a 7.5 amp fuse and system tested on the road....(2 road tests).........exhaust brake now working Tech explained that there were 3 systems on the breaker (fuse) and this was a Newmar mod and it required 7.5 amp fuse but the real problem (seen with my eyes) was this leaking sensor (coolant). Hope this helps others.............. Tech told me he saw this problem every 2 months at North Trail - What great service at North Trail......arrived at 8:15 am and already at 8:30 the Tech was at work and we left after lunch
Render, I'm confused. The 7.5 fuse is it an upgrade to the 5 amp fuse in the Bussman I identified for the PAC Break? Or is i another fuse? Thanks
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Ronnie

It was explained as an upgrade needed by my coach's system, as explained (but I am not good in electricity and fuses). Can't tell you more......sorry !
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake