Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #1

Loud squeak on FWS.

I was told by newmar when I was up there in 2014 not to oil or grease the slides,the wife wants me to see if anyone has oiled the fws rails it drives her nuts.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #2

I'm gonna start calling my FWS in my '15 DSDP4369.... "Cereal" just like my knees......SNAP/CRACKLE/POP!! Tech told us last Sept. that the noises were normal on the FWS. Scares the hell out of both of us every time we open/close. So far so good! Love our coach!
Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
I'm gonna start calling my FWS in my '15 DSDP4369.... "Cereal" just like my knees......SNAP/CRACKLE/POP!! Tech told us last Sept. that the noises were normal on the FWS. Scares the hell out of both of us every time we open/close. So far so good! Love our coach!
No odd noises at all on mine when I had it. Maybe those noises are only normal for you?
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #4

Kinda like when the Dr tells you need this minor surgery??......It's minor cause it's you and not him!
Old 09-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickinsc View Post
I was told by newmar when I was up there in 2014 not to oil or grease the slides,the wife wants me to see if anyone has oiled the fws rails it drives her nuts.
Mine developed a loud squeak after the first 1/2 dozen uses. I am currently at Camp Newmar for warranty work & was told the loud squeak is "normal".
Old 09-04-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On a couple of occasions, I've been outside and had my wife extend the FWS. There was some serious squeaking/squealing going on. I looked the other day and I think it's the small arms that carry the cables in and out. They pivot at three spots and the arms lay on top of one another as they come in. I could see some surface rust where one half of the arm rubs on the other half. I have it on my to do list this week to lube the arms, door arm and all of the bay door locks.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
On a couple of occasions, I've been outside and had my wife extend the FWS. There was some serious squeaking/squealing going on. I looked the other day and I think it's the small arms that carry the cables in and out. They pivot at three spots and the arms lay on top of one another as they come in. I could see some surface rust where one half of the arm rubs on the other half. I have it on my to do list this week to lube the arms, door arm and all of the bay door locks.

I spray mine with T-9. It pretty much stops the popping and creaking.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #8

I had the same squeaking noises from the retracted full wall slide out behind the driver seat when driving. It does drive you crazy. Newmar service in Nappanee told me it was normal and cause by the bottom outside of the slide out wall rubbing against a plastic guide in the frame. In fact you will probably notice a loss of paint on the bottom of the narrow wall of the slide out toward the outside where it rubs. The tech put waterproof grease on the spot where the paint was worn off and it removed the squeak. He said the loss of paint was typical. I find that I have to reapply the grease every few months. Colorless silicone waterproof grease is recommended.

RetireeKeith
2016 Dutch Star 4018
RetireeKeith is offline   Reply With Quote