Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 07:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Beautiful coach! If you had to choose one item you made the switch for, what would it be? Comfort Drive or something else?
Comfort Drive!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #16

^^^^^
Comfort Drive and the modifiable floor plan make Newmar a giant step above the competition!
Warranty is simply a CS cost that goes to the bottom line. A longer warranty, therefore, shows up in the price to the customer. Pay me now or pay me later!
Some RV vendors really make out well on many warranty issues by taking advantage of customer labor. All the vendor has to do is ship the part! And on that note, there are some things that have repeated replacement requirements.
Bravo to the OP!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Congratulations on the beautiful new rig, and welcome to the Newmar family. There are lots of happy memories, yet to be made in your future.
Read the forum. Entegra owners forum is the most active here. Lol. Fine coach but they have just as many problems as the others. Entegra owners just don't want to admit their [ moderator edit ] like everyone else's.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #18
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice coach! Congrats!
NRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The one thing that kept me from looking at a Cornerstone was Entegra's refusal to make any changes and one of the things we liked about both our DSDP's.
My one "gripe" about the Magna is the height of the floor to accommodate the ISX height and the bed slideout. Late wife didn't like it either and I built a platform over one spot so she didn't fall.
You have a very nice Coach. I had an Inspire on order when they shut down in 2008/2009? I always liked Country Coach. Sad that it was sold to Winnebago. Too bad Ron Lee didn't find some financing.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:35 AM   #20

WooHoo !! ... very nice!
Old 10-20-2016, 03:54 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
NEWMAR Yeah! Great Choice.

Congratulations.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Beautiful looking Coach! Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I see you are pulling a 16 Ford F-150 Platinum. I have heard good and bad about the towing with a push button start and dead battery. Can you shed some light on the good and bad? I'm looking at just that truck to tow, and my current Flex is a piece of cake, no charge line, leave key in accessory and trans. in neutral. Appreciate your input. Randy
Old 10-20-2016, 07:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
My Entegra drives straight as an arrow, but crosswinds and road crown do require compensation. So you might say I have Comfort Drive envy. However DW likes the Entegra floorplans better, the bedroom ceiling fan, and the bulletproof 2 year warranty, so despite the CD envy, our next coach is likely to be an Entagra. (Maybe if the DW drove, we would go Newmar.)
Not all have this experience with Entegra. You may want to check out the repair saga of Great Escape on U-Tube. Dude is about to throw-in the towel on his Anthem.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Please Folks

Both Entegra and Newmar make great coaches and are at the top of the league. I have my reasons for preferring Entegra but others prefer Newmar for their reasons. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and let others look at the coaches and make informed decisions.

Comfort Drive, 2 year Warranty, Floorplan, Customization, Included options vs Optional Items, Leather vs Ultra leather, the list goes on and on and at the end of the day, if you're happy with your choice that is all that matters.

We don't need to put down others in order to make ourselves look better. And Yes I just said something similar on the Entegra site.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats

Beautiful coach. Congratulations. We LOVE our Dutch Star 4369 and are very happy with Newmar service.
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Beautiful looking Coach! Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I see you are pulling a 16 Ford F-150 Platinum. I have heard good and bad about the towing with a push button start and dead battery. Can you shed some light on the good and bad? I'm looking at just that truck to tow, and my current Flex is a piece of cake, no charge line, leave key in accessory and trans. in neutral. Appreciate your input. Randy
Once the F150 is in flat-tow mode, there is no steering lock and minimal battery drain. Flat-tow mode remains engaged until you start the engine and put the trans back into park. There are audible and visual warnings every time the door is opened to let you know it's in flat-tow mode.

I have a switched charge line from the motorhome to the toad's battery, mainly because we often drive for 4 or 5 days straight without unhooking. But I don't think it's necessary as the ignition is not "on" in this mode, nor is it in accessory mode.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmats View Post
Once the F150 is in flat-tow mode, there is no steering lock and minimal battery drain. Flat-tow mode remains engaged until you start the engine and put the trans back into park. There are audible and visual warnings every time the door is opened to let you know it's in flat-tow mode.

I have a switched charge line from the motorhome to the toad's battery, mainly because we often drive for 4 or 5 days straight without unhooking. But I don't think it's necessary as the ignition is not "on" in this mode, nor is it in accessory mode.
My 2014 sounds about the same, lots of audible and visual allarms, only w/o the push button start. If you do a overnight and connect to shore, the BIRD will charge the toad along with the chassis batts.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:31 PM   #28

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmats View Post
We picked up our '17 DSDP 4369 yesterday and are in love with it! The ride quality is just incredible, and Comfort Drive takes all the work out of managing crosswinds and being passed by semis. The Entegra offered very good value, but we were plagued by many problems, including the tendency for it to wander at highway speeds. Having a coach that drives straight down the road at 65 mph is unbelievably relaxing to drive. I actually felt myself becoming a little drowsy on the 2.5 hr drive home yesterday, something that seldom happened while driving the Entegra . This floorpan is perfect with no pinch points, and it drives like a dream.

I would recommend Steinbring Motorcoach to anyone looking for a coach. We were local but I see from their sales map that their customers come from all over the U.S. and Canada. Their pricing with trade was better than NIRVC or RVOne, so it was an easy choice for us to make.
Watch "Great Escape" You Tube channel for their issues with their Entegra Anthem.

Tags
entegra, newmar, switch