RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Watkins View Post
This is a Blessing in Disguise!

Count your lucky stars...

Diesel Pusher all the way
S Watkins is right. If there is any way you can afford the DP, do it. You will be very happy you did.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #30

Think I might talk to the salesman and see if you move up they can cut you a good deal as your CS you ordered was damaged. This only if you feel comfortable with the dealer although it sounds like your prior coach from them had unresolved issues so maybe a different dealer as well.

Curious as to which CS floor plan you ordered and who the dealer is.

vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #31

Recall

We went to pick up our supposedly new 2018 Winnebago with 2700 miles on it. But they had a recall on the A/C unit. A week or so later we went to pick it up, after they said it was ready, and what a joke... Dirty windshield and all. I was told by a service guy there that they don’t do the recalls until the unit is sold. I really hope I don’t need to return to this dealer EVER,!!!
sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #32

You hadbetter keep tat dealer. No oter ne woud either offer or tell you.
MingusPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #33

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman11 View Post
I need to cry in my beer a bit and get a piece of advice.

Today was our pickup day for our new coach, but the salesman called a couple of hours before and said there was a problem as the rig had been damaged.
Since we are only 30-40mins away we decided to run over and see the issue. Not sure if something fell on it, or they ran into something, or someone slammed it, but the door to the engine compartment door is cracked/busted as well as the bottom of the grill area is completely cracked through. The only thing holding it together is the diamond shield.

The damage seems to be cosmetic in nature. They said it would entail fiberglass/paint work versus a complete front cap replacement. They also said they would do the work there versus send it back to the factory.

Now, the dealer did the right thing and wanted to make us happy and gave us back our deposit and told you we could decide if we want it after they finish the repair. I was disappointed that there were 2 noticeable dents in the fridge and several scratches in the plank vinyl flooring that had not been addressed. They had the coach a couple of weeks - hadn't they done the PDI?

I asked it this was a "carfax" type event and they said no, as it is cosmetic.

It has left a bad taste in our months, and we are disappointed - but I do understand things happen and the dealer did try to make it right. Our last RV also had something happen (see a pattern here?) just before pickup and we accepted it anyway after repair and it never was 100% right.

We are wondering what to do. We placed this order in July. It has the specials and features we want. But maybe this is a sign that I should have bought a DP (Ventana) instead? Makes me think factory delivery is the way to go.....

Any advice? First world problem I know.

All I can tell you is to take your money back and run from this purchase as fast as you can.
georgebonord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #34

Quote:

Today was our pickup day for our new coach, but the salesman called a couple of hours before and said there was a problem as the rig had been damaged.
Since we are only 30-40mins away we decided to run over and see the issue. Not sure if something fell on it, or they ran into something, or someone slammed it, but the door to the engine compartment door is cracked/busted as well as the bottom of the grill area is completely cracked through. The only thing holding it together is the diamond shield.

The damage seems to be cosmetic in nature. They said it would entail fiberglass/paint work versus a complete front cap replacement. They also said they would do the work there versus send it back to the factory.

Now, the dealer did the right thing and wanted to make us happy and gave us back our deposit and told you we could decide if we want it after they finish the repair. I was disappointed that there were 2 noticeable dents in the fridge and several scratches in the plank vinyl flooring that had not been addressed. They had the coach a couple of weeks - hadn't they done the PDI?

It has left a bad taste in our months, and we are disappointed - but I do understand things happen and the dealer did try to make it right. Our last RV also had something happen (see a pattern here?) just before pickup and we accepted it anyway after repair and it never was 100% right.

We are wondering what to do. We placed this order in July. It has the specials and features we want. But maybe this is a sign that I should have bought a DP (Ventana) instead? Makes me think factory delivery is the way to go.....

Walk away!! Tell them to find you the exact rig undamaged.
Rick Stills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #35

Take this opportunity to buy a similar used motorhome, relieving you of being the factory's Quality Control Inspector. And trying to get all the stuff that shows up during your first few months may take more than the warranty period to fix, leaving you to finish repairs on your own dime.

New used to be better but the industry has a terrible record of pushing vehicles
out without finding all the problems. There just seems to be no quality control anymore.

So the first owner may be SOL with major problems. And if trading, don't let go of the old until deal is finalized.

Check out:
https://rvtravel.com/
BarryHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #36

Well, consider how long you plan to own it. If you are like me, should you take this one, you will always be somewhat paranoid about this repair and whether the repair will hold up to your expectations over time. So you have to ask yourself if that is something you will enjoy dealing with always being in the back of your mind? There's always enough problems with MH's without starting with additional headaches. It's obviously already troubling you, will you be okay with that if you take that one? I think you should find the answer between the two of you. Just my thoughts.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #37

Jayco Owners Club
Ditch it!
rvorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:59 AM   #38

Hi, take back your deposit, you will always know you have sub standard, go buy a used vehicle 6 months old no more, One it will be cheaper ,Two all or any problems will have been sorted, Three insist on a good long guarantee, that's what I would do.

Bazzer
Old 10-22-2018, 08:33 AM   #39

Back to the start line

You'll never know the associated damage caused unless a second, unbiased party puts it on a rack and checks lines, fittings to systems, frame, etc. They had no alternative but to disclose the (unclear cause) damage. They want to sell, you want satisfaction. For the investment, even with price reduction, I'd walk.
RoadRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:57 AM   #40

I had many issues that were above the dealers pay grade. The dealer made many attempts to remedy, only making other problems. After 8 months of misery, I made an appointment with Newmar and returned the coach to them. Most of the problems were created by the dealer removing wood panels and tearing out the tile floor. First year the coach was out of our hands for 42 weeks. Horrible experience.
That said, Newmar made it right. 2 and 1/2 months and a return trip in a snow storm, we had what we bought. We are happy and have learned a lesson. If it's chassis, take it to freight liner. Anything related to structure, back to Newmar. The dealer can change a/c units, pumps, any plug and play devices. Paint, you are taking a chance if you are picky. The people at the factory are great, just overbooked.
Bucket list is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
You might feel better if you knew just how many new TTsand RVs. Have “issues” on sale day. I’d say a good 80% have something that needs adjusted or flat out replaced. ( jayco has dart number of labor hours they will let the dealers bill them NO questions asked. It’s either 2 or 5 for each and Avery unit.
The large dealer (16 acres of camper& RVs) work for does not do a detailed PDI until the unit is sold.
I have seen them having a tech working on one end while at the other end a tech is showing them the features of the unit.
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #42

I posted recently as “Brand Spanking New”

Quote:

That sucks. You can never be sure and you expect perfection, right? They aren’t cheap! I am so sorry you have to go through this.

OK, here is our latest. To bring all of you up to date, we ordered a Lance 2375 travel trailer from the factory to be delivered to a dealer near us in Texas. From our research over the years, Lance has had a good reputation. We picked it up and parked it in our driveway. Austin has had some big time rain over the last couple of weeks, but it was a big surprise that the window over the bed starting leaking profusely—2-3 cups/day. We immediately made an appt., and also alerted the Lance factory in CA. It is most probably the seal. The dealer and the factory have been quick about wanting to solve the problem, which is a big plus.

So many of you have talked about starting over and demanding a new one. Does this apply or were you talking about just body damage? If the seal is faulty can it leak into the walls? Won’t get a new one til Feb. We are upset and losing sleep over this...

Moniki is offline   Reply With Quote