Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #1

Matching cabinet stain colors on a 2014 Canyon Star

Has anyone had any luck getting codes or formulas for cabinet color matching from Newmar? I have a cabinet maker building cabinets for a friends coach and he wants to do the best matching the new to the old. I know going to a big paint store like Sherwin-Williams may be the only option but the cabinets will have the dining table sliding under and thus very close so the match wants to be the best possible.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have the Vin # or coach build number of coach and call Newmar I am sure they can match for you.
If you know the year and coach model you can go into COM_NET and maybe find the cabinets for coach in catalog model year and maybe get your match.
You may find in a cabinet a paper with that information on it also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
If you can't get an answer from anyone I would suggest you take a cabinet door into a place like Woodcraft. I work at one and we match stuff all the time for people. If you are lucky and go in on a day that a good finishing guy is working he or she can get you set up with anything you will need to match whatever you have.
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:24 AM   #4

I bought matching stain for my Ventana directly from the manufacturer that supplies Newmar. Just call Newmar customer service and ask for the color code and phone number of the supplier.

If you don't have any luck with that, repost and I'll get the Mfg. name for you. (I have the orignal shipping box at home.)
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:42 AM   #5

Last year I called Newmar asking the same question as you regarding the stain in our Dutch Star. They provided me with the stain identifier , the supplier and a contact person at the supplier.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote