Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2018, 06:59 PM   #1

Maytag ice maker quit working

Need some help. Lots of videos online along with lots and lots of misdirecting ads so hope someone in the Newmar group has had a similar problem and a solution:

Maytag Model MF12269VEM7 in our 2013 Dutch Star

Water filter is in correctly and clean. Chilled water comes to the door. There is no water flow into the ice trays. Ice maker arm is in the on position.

One of the videos I saw online mentioned that there was a "control board troubleshooting" sheet folded up in the front right hinge cover which could be removed with one phillips screw being taken out. Apparently there might be a series of button pushing on the control screen on the front door that will produce a diagnostic code. It looks impossible to get to that screw without pulling out the fridge and I don't know how to do that!

That's all I know so far. Any help out there?

George Bist gcbist@gmail.com 360-670-9328
George Bist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
Not sure about your particular model but ice makers can be replaced in most refrigerators for about $100. If you think it's in the ice maker I would replace it since that would probably be cheaper than a repair call assuming you could get someone to come look at it,
Old 05-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some icemaker shutdown if no water available when it demands water. Won't restart making ice just by providing water. Power off/on resets and restarts making ice. .
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #4

George,

I had the same problem with my house ice maker in an LG fridge. Turned out the water inlet to the ice tray was frozen and not letting water to fill up the ice maker.

If you can post a picture of your ice maker I will see if it is like mine and might be able to talk you through how I got mine fixed. My brother is an appliance repair person and he talked me through how to fix mine on the phone.

Dave C. 301-752-5877
Old 05-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #5

Had to replace mine last year. There are a few things that can go wrong with them. Check to make sure the wire " bale " is not hanging up on the back of the unit. Might need a little tweak to get it moving again. Make sure the power switch is on
If it is broken, lots of generic replacement units available on Amazon and E Bay for 40 / $ 60 Easy to replace. Lots of good videos on You Tube
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine went out last year too. I measured temps and found the freezer never reached below 13degree and fridge never below 46. After many repair calls and 3 compressors, it was determined a clog was in the lines. I replaced the whole unit.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote