Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2014, 07:03 AM   #15

The O/P says, microwave works on gen and shore power, it`s not the breaker. Sine wave, mod sine wave, ocean wave, if it`s not wired to the inverter side of the panel, it won`t work.

Find the plug in the cabinet, plug it into an extension cord hooked to an inverter powered outlet and turn it on. If the inverter is to small, it will shut down, then you know.

Good Luck

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #16

First find the feed. If the Micro is plugged to an outlet, disconnect it and check to see if there is power while on the inverter. Most inverter even the GE advantium draw about 10.1 to 12 amps. If you have a 2000 watt inverter and four batteries you should be able to power it. Sometimes the micro is not wired for the inverter. Good luck

Old 12-31-2014, 07:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
TinMan Trvlr
In many, (most?), RVs the microwave can not be run on battery/inverter power....only with shore or generator power.
Mel
'96 Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Even our "old" 2002 DSDP 2000 watt MSW inverter will run our Advantium microwave/convection oven. The Advantium really doesn't like the MSW wave form but it still runs and works but it does take longer.
Mr_D
In my "older" 1996 coach the microwave is plugged into an inverter powered receptacle.... and the Heart Freedom 20, (2000 watt MSW), inverter CAN run my GE microwave/convection oven.
(Maybe that's why I DIDN'T say: "In EVERY RV the microwave can not be run on battery/inverter power").

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 01-01-2015, 06:16 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
The O/P says, microwave works on gen and shore power, it`s not the breaker. Sine wave, mod sine wave, ocean wave, if it`s not wired to the inverter side of the panel, it won`t work.

Find the plug in the cabinet, plug it into an extension cord hooked to an inverter powered outlet and turn it on. If the inverter is to small, it will shut down, then you know.

Good Luck
TB - on My Canyon Star all of the outlets that are on my Inverter are on a Breaker. The Inverter has it's own Breaker panel located next tot the Main breaker box.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #19

TB - on My Canyon Star all of the outlets that are on my Inverter are on a Breaker. The Inverter has it's own Breaker panel located next tot the Main breaker box. __________________
CC..... Happy Rving!!

OK, are you saying there is a breaker on the inverter panel for the microwave and a breaker on the shore power/ generator panel for the same microwave ?

The microwave works on shore power! Other things work from the inverter. A tripped breaker is not the problem.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
The Inverter panel is a Sub panel off the Main panel. So there is only 1 breaker on for MW, one for Fridge, Tv Rept. etc. On page 3 of the Thread below I previously posted a pic.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2013...-156120-3.html
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #21

I'm going to say somebody did not hook the outlet to the correct breaker, when the coach was built.

A simple, yet frustrating oversight. Should be easy to change.

I would hazard a guess that the dishwasher outlet and microwave outlet wiring got swapped. Does the dishwasher work on the inverter, because it shouldn't?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter