Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #1

MorRyde Bay Slide

After getting our new DSDP we found that the second bay back that goes all the way through and is the narrowest bay could use a slide. Got a price from Newmar, seemed really high, but the two slides we did option for are top notch quality and probably explains the price.

MorRyde has a slide that is the perfect fit 29" x 90", slides both ways, 800lb capacity, etc. We are almost ready to pull the trigger but wanted to know if anyone has purchased one and has any input.
Alberts46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
After getting our new DSDP we found that the second bay back that goes all the way through and is the narrowest bay could use a slide. Got a price from Newmar, seemed really high, but the two slides we did option for are top notch quality and probably explains the price.

MorRyde has a slide that is the perfect fit 29" x 90", slides both ways, 800lb capacity, etc. We are almost ready to pull the trigger but wanted to know if anyone has purchased one and has any input.
Our coach came with the 48"x90" MorRyde in the forward bay but not in the identical second bay. Best thing to do is to contact MorRyde direct, get the MorRyde part number from Newmar (it may be unique to your coach and not a listed part number-ours was a Monaco factory part with a unique MorRyde number). Give the Newmar part number to MorRyde. They will give you their closest dealer in your area. Call the dealer, give them the part number and tell them you've been in contact with MorRyde, they should be able to give you a price after they know their cost. I ordered an identical 48"x90" to the front unit that came with the coach. They are heavy so you may need some help but it took me 15 min. to unpack it and 10 min. to install it. You just drill the 4 mounting holes and your done. I used stainless bolts and changed the factory slide to match. My total cost with transportation was about half of the Monaco price. Good luck.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #3

I installed two MorRyde trays on my DS just after I got it a few years ago. I had to change the stops on them so they would come out beyond the basement doors (2003 doors open from the bottom) better. They have worked well, no complaints. Easy to install. Just slide them in position and I used 1 1/2" wood screws to anchor them to the floor.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Have 3 in our Discovery, love'm
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
I installed the 29" X 90" MorRyde in my Ventana and it is a quality unit which slide easily in both directions. The only problem is that for storage, you end up with a 13.5 inch height limit to the frame rails (DSDP may be different). This could prevent you from pulling the slide to its end points.

If I were to do it over, I would most likely get the shorter unit and use the opposite end for higher storage items.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide