RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #1

Motorhome Choice?

As I said in my previous thread I am looking to purchase a new 2011 Dutchstar 4086,currently I have a 2008 Dutchstar,4320.Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on differences between a 2011 Monaco Camelot+ the 2011 Dutchstar,from experience?
Bruce H.

Bruexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #2

Haven't got experience but who's going to be there for you down the road for warranty?

Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #3

Exactly what I was thinking,especially from past experience!!
Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #4

I had a choice back in April of '09 of an Essex or a Signature. I took the Essex because someone had just put a deposit on the signature. 4 days latter, Monaco folded.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #5

Luck was on your side,hopefully you went out + bought lottery tickets??LOL!!!
What model+year is your Essex?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you looked at the 2011 Winnebago Tour 42 AD or CD, what a great floor plan?
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #7

We are just returning from the "shakedown cruise" in our 2011 DSDP 4086. We have just over 6,000 miles on it now and I'm really shocked at the build quality of Newmar. In 2003 we purchased a new Tropi-cal diesel .... the first year was quality hell!!! After that it ran and performed beautifully. We expected a similiar experience with the Newmar. After a 4 month trip, we have only two irritating problems both of which are not build problems. The Oasis heating system is flawed but we can make it work. We have had very poor service from Oasis ... they really do not care about customer satisfaction. The other problem is with the MotoSat TV dish. After two months of not working, they have finally agreed to replace the entire system at our home dealers. Whether or not I get the 340.00 paid out for on the road repairs that did not work, is up in the air right now. So far, put us down as VERY satisfied Newmar customers. We take the rig to our dealer next week and hopefully all the items on our todo list will be completed. Highly recommend the 4086!!!!
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #8

'06 4503
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #9

Joe P
You didn't find that there were alot of rattles+ squeaks as you travelled? I looked at that model 4086+ it looked like there were just too many interior moveable pieces of furniture etc.,compared to my '08 4320,which already has too many squeaks in it for my liking,this looked like more opportunities for that ?
Thanks for your comments
Bruce
Old 03-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #10

Bruce:

This rig is quiet! There are few squeaks on the I 5 south of Seattle but that is all. After our last rig's noises, this one is remarkable!

Joe

JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote