RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I like the idea of the magnet to keep the door closed. Did you just glue it on... will it stick well enough to not pull loose? Those magnets are pretty strong.

Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the pic's. I'm sending them on to my woodworking nephew

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #17

szy:
Thanks --- funny too because, Tyka is the name of our black lab.

montiem:
I find it's very easy to get in and out of the driver's seat. I was also concerned about this (not as agile as I use to be) and quite stiff after driving long periods. The top of the cabinet is also nice to take snacks from while driving. The distance between the cabinet and the driver's seat is about 9 inches.

Romeo:
The magnets are from Leevalley Tools and come in various sizes with cups to hold them in. If you use these make sure you knotch the cup with a small file to be able to pop-out the magnet with a small screwdriver, otherwise it will remain there for good. I used what I had and they're a bit too strong. I have to cover them with masking tape to weakend them.. not done yet.
Cups, Discs and Washers for Rare-Earth Magnets - Lee Valley Tools
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Top.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	25845  
Old 11-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tyka,
Finally getting around to doing this cabinet for my dog house and I have a couple questions.....

1) how did you remove the plastic cup holder tray that came with the unit from the factory. I cant see any screws or how it's fastened down.

Another question but not related to your cabinet......I think we have the same coach and I could not help but notice that the RED light for your solar charging unit was light. My is never light and I dont know if the RED LED is burnt out, the solar panel is not working or whats going on. My chassis battery always seems to have a full charge so maybe it never calls for solar charging. Do you have any insight about this?

Thanks Tyka.....I do appreciate it.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally getting around to doing this cabinet for my dog house and I have a couple questions.....

1) how did you remove the plastic cup holder tray that came with the unit from the factory. I cant see any screws or how it's fastened down.

If you remove the rubber surrounds in the plastic cup holder you'll find a screw in the bottom of each cavity screwed into the doghouse.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Steve N Sal.........never thought to remove the rubber surrounds..........duh

By the way.......does your solar light ever come on?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve if your coach is always plugged in to shore power your batteries all of them will be maintained by your Bird System.
Your 12" square solar panel, if you have sun light, the red led should be on check wiring of this circuit.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
Tyka,

Another question but not related to your cabinet......I think we have the same coach and I could not help but notice that the RED light for your solar charging unit was light. My is never light and I dont know if the RED LED is burnt out, the solar panel is not working or whats going on. My chassis battery always seems to have a full charge so maybe it never calls for solar charging. Do you have any insight about this?

Thanks Tyka.....I do appreciate it.
Hi Bowpulpit. Yes it looks like we have the same coach. I just got connected to the Internet. I'm in Florida for the Winter. I guess you already have an answer for the plastic cup holder. My red light seems to be always on when the sun shines, even when I'm connected to AC. Maybe a fuse?