Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2007, 05:20 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JavaJelly:
OK, I'm sure I don't need them but, will have to have them at some point. What the heck are Pantographic Basement doors? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JavaJelly,
The doors on the entertainment and sewer open with the painted side out and up like the Essex. That's also very cool instead of the white latch side I have now. What floor plan do you like?
Thanks, Daryl

2008 MADP 4521
2006 Acura TL Toad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #16

JavaJelly,
I forgot about the Girard Slide Toppers. They're great.
Thanks, Daryl

2008 MADP 4521
2006 Acura TL Toad

Old 09-11-2007, 03:04 AM   #17

Oh, yeh, Daryl reminded me. DELETE the ladder, or at least check it out. I hate the look of the black ladder as do many.

Peter
Old 09-11-2007, 03:09 AM   #18

Scott, The Bose radio is just jacked into the TV to provide the TV sound from the Bose when the Bose is switched to Auxilary, no big deal. I never run mine that way as I find the sound great as is.

Peter
Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
On the delete ladder. I have to ask perhaps a dumb question. How do you get on top for maintenance etc?

Carrying a step ladder that large in the basement seems like a waste of space.

Also, to confirm, the MADP has inside drains front & back right?
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Many of us carry a ladder of some kind.

I have the rear ladder, but carry a 17' combo step/extension ladder from Wal*Mart.

It has seen a lot of use in washing the windshield, and a few times accessing various areas near the roof.

I have slip on rubber bumpers to protect the paint when it's used as an extension ladder. They are available from Lowes or Home Depot, etc.

It has been invaluable.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #21

Scott, For the times you would need to get on the roof, you could borrow a ladder. As you know, there is no choice if you have a EXDP or LADB.
No, to my knowledge, based on '07 MADP, the internal roof drain is only the front not both as found on EX/LA. This should be nothing to put on. Insist.

Peter
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Essex closet doors Essex head board
Storage garage like Essex 4502 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you explain these three please?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 AM   #23
Administrator Emeritus

Goly gee.....three pages in and I just saw this!

Countertop appliance garage is what he's talking about I think...

Diamon (no d) Fusion is done by Don Montgomery of Elkhart....NOT ALLOWED on Newmar property.
RvDude loves it, I wouldn't waste my money...that's ok.

You can have your coach painted ANY color from MADP and below....just not above MADP....even previous years.

From where you are up north, I'd call Marty Lown at Coachlight or Lee Litchfield at Lee's RV....Tell 'em I sent ya.
If you're going to be in FL at all, you could call Diesel Dan, but factory delivery is a MUST!

I'd nix the bunk beds and use the space...just my opinion....

My Bose wave radio acts as aux speakers for the front surround sound...to each his own though, ya might spend the money somewhere else.

Maybe do some checking on the datastormusers.com site relative to Directv, as they're getting ready to throw two more birds in the air and the rumor is that HD will be on them and our domes won't get all the HD channels....There's a post elsewhere on iRV2 concerning this...
WHATEVER you do, get some kind of extra fans for the AV compartment as I truly believe heat is screwing up my H10's....The guide goes to green instead of blue after a half day.

Proud of ya boy!! Spend that dough!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Bob,

Thanks for the help. I am still unsure about what is meant by an appliance storage garage. Where is it? what is it for?

You may recall that I had a fan installed w/a thermostat stuck to the H10 in my AV cabinet. No problems since. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, did you mean that even the R6 won't get HD channels from DirecTV? My understanding is that it is mostly local channels which I can get via antenna. Anyway, can you point me to this thread.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:04 AM   #25
Administrator Emeritus

Appliance "garage" is a wooden enclosure with a roll top door that sits over in the corner of the counter...I'll try and find an old pic of it from my BBT pics.

HDTV with respect to Direct TV is up in the air right now as they're getting ready to launch two KA birds and quite possibly move the HD signals from the current KU birds...
Go to the technology area of the main forum page, there's a post going on there with contribution posts from Bill Adams.
He's a Motosat and Sat TV dealer who contributes his knowledge to the tech forums here.

I already had the thermal disc moved to the top of the two H10's and it's still too hot in there...probably bigger fans when in Nappanee.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:09 AM   #26

Scott, The appliance garage is a small compartment behind and to the right of the sink. It hides your toaster or like appliance when not in use.

Scott, make sure they supply the Magmun 2800 watt TSW (true sine wave) inverter instead of the Magnum 3100 MSW (modified sine waver0 inverter. They should if you order an all electric, but make sure.

Peter
Old 09-11-2007, 05:10 AM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JavaJelly:
Bob,

Thanks for the help. I am still unsure about what is meant by an appliance storage garage. Where is it? what is it for?

You may recall that I had a fan installed w/a thermostat stuck to the H10 in my AV cabinet. No problems since. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, did you mean that even the R6 won't get HD channels from DirecTV? My understanding is that it is mostly local channels which I can get via antenna. Anyway, can you point me to this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi JavaJelly,
Appliance garage is an extra storage compartment that sits in the corner on top of the counter and opens like a roll top desk . It's great for coffee maker and toaster. If I knew how to post pics on this forum I could show you but I don't. The standard closet doors are the same as your DS and rattle quite a bit the Essex doors are beveled mirrors and are more solid.
Thanks, Daryl

2008 MADP 4521
2006 Acura TL Toad
Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
RE: Fans. I was expecting a little biscuit fan but, they put in an 6 or 8" fan to my surprise.